Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Make fall sheitel not pull at top?

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 2:02 pm
I finally found a wig that MIGHT work for me! It's a fall so no hair all over my face and ears, right color, right price because a friend is selling it gently used, and long enough to put in a pony as needed. And it doesn't hurt anywhere except...

BUT, there had to be a BUT, because it's a fall it has to be attached at the top of one's head right in middle of one's hair. And that pulls. And that's a problem.

Full sheitels are problematic because of the hair all over and often have tightness issues in various directions, but more often than not the hairline itself is not a pulling issue for me (now tickling, that's a different story...) But every fall I've tried on runs into this problem that it pulls at the hair on top of the head.

I tried it with a velvet wig grip headband but even though that's pretty flat it still added too much bulk. It works great for me under tichels and hats but with sheitels it makes them too tight. And a larger cap size is usually too large all over, not to mention that on my budget and comfort needs there's a limit to how picky I can be. Plus with a headband fall it makes that three layers at that edge.

Sheitel experts, please advise! I want this to work so badly! There was a time - actually I still am philosophically in favor of non-sheitel coverings but I am sick of the way I look in hats and ready to move on. (tichels are a different issue not getting into right now. I wear them lots of the time but need another option for certain situations.)

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 8:48 pm
bump

N'sMom

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 11:13 pm
I make a sort of pin curl using one (or sometomes two) bobby pins, and use that as an anchor for the fall's comb. It holds well and is nor bulky.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 11:22 pm
Can you describe with a bit more detail? I'm trying to visualize how to do this.

N'sMom

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 5:34 am
You take some hair at the crown of the head. You can experiment w how thick a strand but start with one around thickness of your pinky. (My hair is past shoulder length. I suppose if yours is shorter you would want to use a thicker strand and if it's longer, a thinner one.) Coil it into a flat spiral and secure with one or two bobby pins. This creates a secure anchor that you can put the sheitel comb under. Again, you can experiment with exactly where you want the pin curl depending on where you want sheitel to start. There are a lot of videos online that demonstrate how to make a pin curl if my directions are unclear.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 9:23 am
Great, I'm so going to try that! Though I'm not sure I understand how that helps rather than just transferring the pulling to the curled hair instead of the regular hair... but if you say so, it's worth a shot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels