Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Isreali fashions

Tila

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 3:30 pm
There are a couple of women who are here from Isreal for a year or two, and I noticed that they wear the coolest clothes. ljumpers and layers etc. Anyone know what I am talking about?? Very distinct, and you can tell who is from Isreal, just by this style. Anyone have a clue as to what I am talking about?? If so, who is the designer and where can one order or get these styles?? Also, the cool hats that are brimless and come just above your eyebrow?? Who makes em?? (hey a buissness op!!)

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 3:41 pm
the clothing are from israel. it is just the style here to dress very bohemian and flairey. I also looooove that style.

the hats also, it is very in style and I am sure that they brought the hats from israel. why dont you ask them where they got it from and who makes the hats, maybe you can import them:)

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 1:30 am
Tila,

A lot of the clothes that you're referring to is actually just imported from India.

But since the sizes tend to run on the small side, I make my own tunic dresses and long skirts.

Remind me, and I'll photograph one of my favorite outfits (which I don't wear any more since I can't really nurse comfortably in it.

I think after Sukkot I may make a tunic dress I can nurse in.

willow

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 3:19 am
I love how they dress. Its so dreamy and beautiful.

mimivan

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 3:56 am
You're talking about the Indian/Bohemian style...Yes, I think it looks nice on the women.
It's is not for me though. I'm into a more conventional look. But I understand why people like it.

Tila

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 11:33 am
thanx for your suggestions!! FLOOR SWEEPERS????????

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 12:28 pm
I personally hate that style, I lived in Israel and manyyy women dressed like that. Actually it´s not Israeli, it´s bohemian/Indian..........

I really am turned off by that style..

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 1:29 pm
I call it 'Settler chic' since many of the girls and women live on the Yishuvim (settlements).

And yes, I am one of them.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 4:27 pm
Kmelion wrote:
Tila,

A lot of the clothes that you're referring to is actually just imported from India.

But since the sizes tend to run on the small side, I make my own tunic dresses and long skirts.

Remind me, and I'll photograph one of my favorite outfits (which I don't wear any more since I can't really nurse comfortably in it.

I think after Sukkot I may make a tunic dress I can nurse in.

I know this is off topic, but Kmelion I think it is so cool that you are able to sew all these things for yourself. I think I remember reading in another thread that you made a baby carrier/wrap... I wish I was that talented! Smile

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 4:44 pm
My dh says Bohemian clothes look like beggar or gipsy clothes Rolling Eyes
LOL

spinkles

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 7:09 pm
I love the crunchy look; it's the one thing I miss now that I'm yeshivish. Before becoming frum, and for a while when I was more modern in Israel, I wore long gauze skirts and combat boots or Naot clogs. SOOO comfy and loose. I would love to wear those clothes today, but it would send totally the wrong message about my hashkafos. Rolling Eyes When I was at Neve, I remember Rebbetzin Heller joking about the "stewardess look" that the Bnos Chava girls sported. Very Happy We all loved them--their dorms were on the Neve campus, and they were always hurrying to class in their pleated black skirts and cardigans and color-coordinated notebooks, while the Neve girls were groggily making their way to class in long denim skirts and baggy sweatshirts, clutching big thermoses of coffee.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 3:02 am
greeneyes wrote:
I know this is off topic, but Kmelion I think it is so cool that you are able to sew all these things for yourself. I think I remember reading in another thread that you made a baby carrier/wrap... I wish I was that talented! :)

Thanks! :)

The wrap, btw... no sewing involved. Just a relatively straight cut with the scissors.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics