Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How long is your hair?
1  2  3  4  Next

Whats your hair length?
ear length or shorter - chassidish  
 12%  [ 44 ]
ear length or shorter - Not chassidish  
 7%  [ 26 ]
Neck length  
 11%  [ 42 ]
Shoulder length  
 27%  [ 101 ]
Armpit length  
 18%  [ 66 ]
Mid Back length  
 22%  [ 83 ]
Total Votes : 362

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 12:38 am
Dh asked me if its common for ladies to get short haircuts and if I want to try one. Since most people keep their hair covered, this got me wondering about the length of peoples hair .
Short - bec its easier under a covering? Bec you like the style? Its your Minhag?
regular bec your used to it? bec you like that length?
Long bec dh likes it? you like it?
Do you cut it yourself since you keep it covered all the time anyway? Or do you have a professional do it?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 12:51 am
Very long. We both like it. Usually cut it myself, rarely he cuts it for me.

gold21

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 12:57 am
Too long for my liking at the moment, driving me a bit nuts lately, need to get it cut (I have thick straight hair that's hard to stuff under my shaitel)

I guess it's halfway down my back or something like that

Gotta get a haircut, need to schedule it into my life somehow, hopefully will do before Pesach (I prefer it to be armpit length I guess you could say, something like that)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 1:04 am
Almost to the shoulders now. I grow it until I have enough to donate then chop it off and start all over again. Been doing this the last 5 years.

I wear sheitels almost exclusively and it's much easier and more comfortable when it's very short.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 1:13 am
It's down to my waist. It's annoying to stuff under a wig but my dh likes it like that and it's a small thing I can do for him, so I do it. I also like how I look in long hair, but I would prefer to cut it to a few inches below my shoulder

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 1:34 am
Do you mean the length when straight or when it's (naturally) all curled up?

salt

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 3:09 am
I once got a short haircut because I thought it would be much more convenient under head covering. My husband gave me the go ahead, but really didn't like the result.
I kept it for about two years, but then the regular cutting, and the fact that my DH didn't really like it, made me grow it again. That was about 15 yrs ago.
Now it's between shoulder and armpit length ie. when it gets to about armpit length I either cut it myself or get it cut, to back shoulder length.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 4:38 am
I have really thick hair so keeping it long under a wig or tichel gets to be uncomfortable, especially in the summer. I keep it just long enough to make a low pony. I get it cut for $15 at a local unisex salon that has a back room for privacy.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 6:41 am
Long enough for a pony and then some. I've grown my hair to donate a few times. I have three braids sitting in a drawer...
I don't think I'll grow it out again, it gets Annoying when it's that long.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 6:52 am
Before I married my ex his mother stipulated that I shave and I agreed. But I never liked it. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror. It reminded me of the Holocaust. To me it was traumatic. When I was considering divorcing him I started growing my hair in. Now the shortest I cut is shoulder length. I love that I have hair. I love being the full me. Smile

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 7:37 am
I have a really strange haircut, but it works for me.
I have a man's haircut but then I have very long bangs up to my nose.
Like a wow band
I keep it this way to keep my "peyot" from coming out of my tichel.
I'm trying to grow my bangs enough to wear into a pony on top of my head.
It works for me

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 7:43 am
I have hair up to a drop below my ears. A sort of bob. I love short hair. And I dont cover every inch, so I also like how the hair looks out of my mitpachat.

lfab

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 10:31 am
My hair is long. The longest it's been was recently when it was almost down to my waist (if I had straightened it it probably would have been all the way to my waist). I just got it cut now and it hits near the bottom of my shoulder blades now and this is the shortest it's been in a long time. I keep it long because that's how I like it. My DH couldn't care less. I'm not even sure if he's noticed that I got it cut and it was over a month ago! I always get my hair cut by someone. My husband has offered to do it for me but I would never go for it. Just because it's always covered doesn't matter. I still want it to look nice for myself.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 10:42 am
My hair is at my waist now, if I would straighten it it would go past my hips.

I have thin, curly locks. The longer it is, the easier it is to control. The shorter it is, the wilder it gets.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 11:00 am
Mine is shoulder length. I would like it to be longer but it doesn't really get longer, just wider.

gold21

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 11:02 am
lfab wrote:
My hair is long. The longest it's been was recently when it was almost down to my waist (if I had straightened it it probably would have been all the way to my waist). I just got it cut now and it hits near the bottom of my shoulder blades now and this is the shortest it's been in a long time. I keep it long because that's how I like it. My DH couldn't care less. I'm not even sure if he's noticed that I got it cut and it was over a month ago! I always get my hair cut by someone. My husband has offered to do it for me but I would never go for it. Just because it's always covered doesn't matter. I still want it to look nice for myself.

Lol. My hair isn't nearly that long, but yeah, I also keep it longer for myself, not for my husband. I just like a specific length on myself, I don't like super long but I like past the shoulders for sure.

And I also like to have it cut by someone professional.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 11:32 am
I used to have hair past my waist, but when I started covering my hair, it was giving my migraines. Once I cut it I felt much better. I still miss it, though. Sad

gp2.0

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 11:54 am
I keep my hair around shoulder length and it fits into a small ponytail that tucks nicely under the sheitel. I let it grow a couple inches past my shoulders but when it hits 3-4 inches past my shoulders it starts giving me headaches. I always marvel at how people can let their hair grow so long and it doesn't hurt them. I'd love to try a short hairstyle but I worry about flyaways. I don't want to wear a wig grip (same issue with headaches.)

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 12:42 pm
My hair was short when I got married (chin length) because I liked that length, I had it cut when I was in high school and never looked back. I loved the freedom of short hair and how much easier it was. My grandparents were convinced I would never get a shidduch because "boys don't like short hair" LOL

When I got engaged I got sheitels a bit longer than my hair on my mother's request (more like demand, since she was paying for them lol) Over the years I found that I didn't mind a longer sheitel when I got dressed up since I could take it off when it was in the way. So my sheitels got longer over the years. Now my "dressy" sheitels are down to the middle of my back. Most of the time I do wear a short hat fall, about chin length, with caps (I liked wearing caps back in my single days as well) so my hair is out of the way when I want to get things done.

My hair, is still chin length, sometimes a little longer when I need a haircut or a bit shorter when I've just had one. I love the length, it's "me". It is fun to "dress up" with the longer sheitel and then take it off and be "me" again Very Happy . I don't have a problem with hair coming out of my sheitel because I wear a wig cap (so comfortable, sheitels are just so itchy to me without it) I just tuck in my hair, so my hair can be whatever length I like. When my hair gets too "long" I start to get a headache since it's so thick that my size large sheitels get too tight.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 12:56 pm
never heard of hair measured via armpit Hooray

& you left out down to my butt Not worthy
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics