Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Should I take back 20-year-old baby clothing?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

pesek zman

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:43 pm
I'm sorry, I have to just say, what an amazing Bracha to have had 20+ years of fertility. That is astounding. What a blessing!

Simple1

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:30 pm
That's a very long time to hold onto clothing. Aside from the styles, it's probaby not fresh anymore. I agree with buying cheap clothing.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:39 pm
Mazal tov!!! I thought between me and my sis was long, this is longer! Bh! A sach nachas!
I would look at the stuff and throw out whatever is not good. That's all.

cozyblanket

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:39 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I'm sorry, I have to just say, what an amazing Bracha to have had 20+ years of fertility. That is astounding. What a blessing!

This. Mazel tov!

trixx

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:51 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Take the clothing and donate or toss what's really not useable today. Some will be okay, and assume that most is too dated.

Don't throw them out, bring into H&M who will give you 15% in-store coupon for every bag of 3 items

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:06 pm
I don't know if you want to hear this but can I send you some clothing? I wish I had a baby to shop for (bh I have two beautiful children but it's been too long since they were babies) and would love to send a couple of cute things for your baby.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:45 pm
Thanks to all of you for your feedback and thanks for your offers of clothing. You are all so incredibly generous!

I live in Israel, so most of the stores mentioned aren't options, but I will keep my eyes open for good deals in other places.

For those of you who offered to send me clothing, I would feel very uncomfortable taking things you might have use for again, but if it's really just sitting around and you have no need for it, I might feel better about it. But again, I'm in EY and shipping can be exorbitant, so unless you're also here, it's probably not an option. But you definitely get a mitzvah for wanting to help and I really appreciate it.

Quote:

Absolutely! This is not something I take for granted. I still can't believe I have this precious baby--he gives us so much simcha!

Happydance

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:50 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks to all of you for your feedback and thanks for your offers of clothing. You are all so incredibly generous!

I live in Israel, so most of the stores mentioned aren't options, but I will keep my eyes open for good deals in other places.

For those of you who offered to send me clothing, I would feel very uncomfortable taking things you might have use for again, but if it's really just sitting around and you have no need for it, I might feel better about it. But again, I'm in EY and shipping can be exorbitant, so unless you're also here, it's probably not an option. But you definitely get a mitzvah for wanting to help and I really appreciate it.

Quote:

Absolutely! This is not something I take for granted. I still can't believe I have this precious baby--he gives us so much simcha!

It can be sent from Lakewood or new York very cheaply to yerushalayim through minchas Shlomo

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:58 pm
trixx wrote:
Don't throw them out, bring into H&M who will give you 15% in-store coupon for every bag of 3 items

Is this true in EY also? In all branches? Is it only for baby clothing or do they accept anything?

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:59 pm
rlm wrote:
It can be sent from Lakewood or new York very cheaply to yerushalayim through minchas Shlomo

What is Minchas Shlomo?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:27 am
amother wrote:
What is Minchas Shlomo?

http://www.minchasshlomo.org/
A non-profit organization that ships used clothing from the U.S. to Israel, for a relatively small fee.

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:33 am
I just read through this thread just because it made me feel so AWESOME to see so many random strangers being willing to help out - I just love this site!!!

toastedbagel

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:06 am
Take it back and see what you can use.
Look on Facebook groups and Craigslist and Freecycle and see what you can get that people are giving away.

Liba

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:33 am
being that you are in E"Y, are these clothing from the states?

If so, take back at least the stretchies unless you have an unlimited budget. Clothing is so much more expensive here and the quality of the stuff from the states better. Especially if the person who used them until now line dried them they may well be in very good condition.

I feel horrible for the babies in the new style stuff, plastered into their leggings, and yes, it is the style with the new mothers. Most established parents still have their babies in sensible, comfortable clothing from what I see though. B"H the painted on clothing style is really new and not catching on with all in my community at least...

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:44 am
Liba wrote:
being that you are in E"Y, are these clothing from the states?

If so, take back at least the stretchies unless you have an unlimited budget. Clothing is so much more expensive here and the quality of the stuff from the states better. Especially if the person who used them until now line dried them they may well be in very good condition.

I feel horrible for the babies in the new style stuff, plastered into their leggings, and yes, it is the style with the new mothers. Most established parents still have their babies in sensible, comfortable clothing from what I see though. B"H the painted on clothing style is really new and not catching on with all in my community at least...

Most of it is from the states. My oldest was the first grandchild, so my parents had fun shopping for him. It's not exactly designer clothing, but it's decent quality.

I wouldn't put my baby in anything uncomfortable or painted on either even if that is what the new mothers are dressing their babies in. I'll put him in anything that doesn't stand out as being very outdated. When my dd saw the pictures of my oldest in his sweatsuits, she said that such wide pants just look messy and shlumpy these days. There must be a happy medium between 20-year-old wide pants and today's skin tight fashion, isn't there?

WhatFor

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 2:51 am
Your baby can be a hipster Very Happy Vintage is still pretty trendy.

water_bear88

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:44 am
I think it's not a big deal in EY- I mean, you can still easily find loose sweatpants at Bazaar Strauss, or Fox Kids for that matter, in the cooler months. If you mix and match in particular, so a better-fitted shirt with loose pants or vice-versa, I think it's especially not noticeable.

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:03 am
Just to say, there is NOTHING wrong or unhygenic or whatever to wear 20 year old clothing if it is in good condition. Yes, its fun (for the mother or older sister) to by cute new clothes for a baby - but its really bal tashchis when you have usable clothing from another child.

The Royal family used the same outfit for 62 babies!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new......html

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:20 am
My daughters love wearing my stuff - and I'm NOT 20, nor are they babies.

kjb

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 7:34 am
I can't believe nobody has said this already: teenagers are naturally very sensitive about what's in or out but have we REALLY got to the point where so called grown ups look at other peoples babies and say 'my, those little wide sweatpants are so 1990s - what a shlumpy mother!'? Indulge your teenage daughter if you want by buying a couple of baby pants in the 'latest' style and other than that put him or her in whatever you find convenient and acceptable. If your kids are anything like mine, you're going to have enough trouble when that baby develops his or her OWN ideas about what's stylish in a few years time. The great thing about being an 'older' mother is being able to be more relaxed about minor things like the width of pants than a newly married neurotisizing over her first baby.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics