Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Shir-Hashirim 40 days - does it help? (threads merged)
1  2  Next

Did you say Shir-Hashirim for 40Days,did it help you?
yes,but nothing happend  
 30%  [ 3 ]
yes,I got helped  
 70%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

avigayil

Post Fri, Jun 17 2005, 6:06 pm
I am aware there is a custom for women and girls to recite Shir Ha Shirim after licht bentching. Where did this come from? What does this practice merit?
Thanks.

baby's mom

Post Wed, Jul 06 2005, 2:28 am
Do u mean the shir hashirim recited in shul friday night?
I think its a sphardic custom.
I know of a sgula for finding a sivug, you say shir hashirim for 30 days. It worked for me Very Happy !!!

gryp

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 8:15 pm
Dedicated to amother Smile who wrote
Quote:
Or segulah stories. Positive and negative. If you start it, GR, I will post!!!

So, amother... Wink

amother

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 8:22 pm
OK.....(anon because I've told these stories IRL)

When I was single, I went to daven in Amuka with another single friend.
I did not get married within a year, but when I finally did get married (about 2 years later), the friend who was with me got married that same week.

Someone told me that if I said all of Shir Hashirim every day at mincha time for 30 days, I would find my beshert. I started on Rosh Chodesh Elul, finished on Rosh Hashana, and met DH on Hoshanna Rabba.

<<<<twiight>>>>

mimivan

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 8:38 pm
I gave chai every day when I first came to E.Y. (shekels would be expensive...can use US money!) and met dh a month later b'h.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 9:40 pm
How come all these segulah's don't work for me??? Rolling Eyes , I haven't tried shir hashirim yet cuz, nothing seems to work. You know what I'll bli neder start saying shir hashirim tommorrow for thirty days after mincha. I'll let you guys know if it helped.

stem

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 10:29 pm
I thought the segula was to say it for 40 days, and not necessarily by mincha.

I actually did the shir hashirim segula and by the 40th day I was already on my 8th date with my husband.
Afterwards looking back, I realized that the first day I had started to say it, was the same day I met my shadchan...

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 10:58 pm
Wo, spooky!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 11:18 pm
About two and a half years ago doctors recommended surgery to alleviate a certain condition I had, they did not say I had to do it right away, so I wasn't sure if I should schedule the surgery or if I should first try to pursue alternative healing, natural remedies. Finally though still unsure I scheduled my surgery for a Monday morning. The Sunday before my scheduled surgery I went to the Ohel and after I davenned there I was waiting for my ride back in the room where the video constantly plays and right then and there it showed people coming for dollars, who were scheduled for surgery and asking for a bracha. The Rebbe told them to give Tzedoka in the hospital and it would go well and that's what I did. And it went well! I felt that I really got an answer and a brocha for my surgery from the Rebbe that day.

sarahd

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 7:24 am
stem wrote:
I thought the segula was to say it for 40 days, and not necessarily by mincha.

I actually did the shir hashirim segula and by the 40th day I was already on my 8th date with my husband.
Afterwards looking back, I realized that the first day I had started to say it, was the same day I met my shadchan...

I did the 40-day shir hashirim segula about 5 times, for myself or having someone else in mind. I met my husband about 10 years later.... Very Happy

MrsS

Post Sat, Sep 22 2007, 5:47 pm
Did you say it for forty Days and did it Help ?
Is it realy working?

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 3:43 am
it wasn't shir hashirim but I had read that perek shira was also a segula. I had a sil who was havbing a hard time with shiduchim a few years back and I took it apon myself to say perek shira for 40 days. well guess what, I hadn't told her a thing and I happened to call her once, and she told me she was going out again and she said this is it!! well then I told her what I had done and she counld,'t thank me enough. though the funniest thing was that that shabbos she was engaged before the lechaim we had a majour fight..... it took us till motzei to make up we she being in the clouds and I had had a hard night with one of my boys and they were noisy and she wanted quiet.... well now bh she is married with one and another on the way and we are very close.

zigi

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 8:48 am
what exactly is the perek shira? wich perakim

Tehilla

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 8:56 am
I said Shir HaShirim while single and ended up meeting my DH about a couple of months later, with a string of obvious hashgacha pratis events.

Although I do not wish to disclose the details, a certain Rebbe instructed me to say it at a certain time, and B"H I have seen results, and am still seeing them!

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 9:18 am
I think it was the shiras hayam I said. whatever the case it worked.

shlumzmum

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 10:10 am
I say shir hashirim every friday night after canlde lighting with a group of 40 people, we say it every week for a diferent name and I keep on hearing positive feedback b"h

amother

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 10:19 am
I started saying it for my brother to get engaged and at like after 50 days he got engaged. Then I just continued saying it, like for me to get engagend, and then for other things. B"h I think that it works.

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 10:22 am
hm ... never heard of this ...

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 2:31 pm
is there a certain time of day?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 2:48 pm
I went to the kosel for 40 days and said shir hashirim at the kosel. I did it twice.
The first time it was for my friend. She got married within a year of my first kosel run.
The second time it was for myself. I too got married within that year.

I was just thinking about the following......
You know the concept of "hamispalel b'ad chavairo hu neeneh tchila"?
The second kosel run I did together with a friend.
The first day we went, I suggested that we each daven for each other.
She declined saying that she'd rather daven for herself.
As I mentioned before, I got married within that year. She didn't get married until 4 years later.
Looking back, I really should have davened for her anyway- even if she didnt want to daven for me................
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics