Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
OU Communities Fair

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:15 pm
Hi,
Did anyone go to the OU Communities Fair today in Manhattan? Which communities were you drawn to and why? We are looking to get out of New York and I just wanted opinions of others communities. We were there but I think I'm more confused. My Husband is looking for a very small community whereas I am fine in a large one. Any feedback from anyone who was at the community fair would be most helpful.

twogees

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 12:21 am
Does anyone know if any of the communities are looking for rebbeim? My husband is looking for a job and we wold love to not be in a large community...

studying_torah

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 12:47 am
Did not find it helpful. Crowded, noisy, difficulty finding the communities (couldn't figure out the setup) .
Some of the communities we looked into did not fit our needs in terms of schooling or other needs of our kids.

rachel0615

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 4:04 pm
There are many different communities and getting rebbe positions out of town is a lot easier than in town. If you can find a community that is slightly larger, you might be able to find more rebbe positions. Ohio seemed to have from what I remember.

twogees

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 4:27 pm
what school in ohio?

out-of-towner

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 4:32 pm
I wasn't there but a close relative of mine was. I am very familiar with about 3 of the communities presented. If you would like to PM me you are welcome to.

semandbeyond

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 4:31 pm
I'm happy to speak to you about moving OOT, my community was represented at the fair. Feel free to message me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating