Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bas Mitzva

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 5:06 am
I was invited to come to a bas mitzva of my father's wife's granddaughter. the problem is that it's on the same night as all the big yartzeit seudas for rebbe nachman. not that I'm really interested in going to the breslov event but would rather go to the bas mitzva.

her's my dilema, I was planning on leaving the boys behind cus no boys allowed and they would be with dh, dh likes to go to the seuda thathis friend makes, but on chol hamoed pesach when we we4nt, I ended up going to them later cus didn't really feel like it though good job I did.

Dh tends to forget about the boys when he's with his friends and his friends sons made a bonfire and were not supervised. suddenly ds got very badly burned that I ended up taking him home. I feel that if I got to jerusalem to the bas mitzva andw ill be worried thateverything is ok with the boys maybe I shouldn't go?? chai tishrei gets very busy in brslav and I don't wand ds to feel he has noone to go towhen he wants to sleep!! (just motzei yom kippur after dh learnt with them both he couldn't find ds2 ands earch for him until he found him asleep on the bench in shull!!)

I usually just go for a half an hour, but they could stay out till eventuall someone has to bring them in and thatis usually me. I also have a test to study for. o know the familly would like me to come but I jsut don't know if it's going to happen.... they really appreciated me coming from jerusalem to benei brak for a bar mitzva the night dh was coming back from uman.

What do you think??

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 5:53 am
you don't sound much like you enjoy family simchas - I say it's too late when you die ... enjoy the living now ... as for the boys tell your H that he better buck up and take proper care of them!!!

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 6:23 am
actually green I do, but anywyas there are alot of other things involved and I'll just have t play it by ear and see whathappens that night. I may also be getting guests so I suppose we'll wait and see. but your right about chai tishrei, I'm not so into it any more, unfortuanately I don't find the community so much my type that I just prefer to stay at home.

miriamnechama

Post Sat, Sep 29 2007, 11:12 pm
green, in the end I couldn't make it cus I was sick with a virus though called to wish mazal tov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics