Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Believe I am being scammed, how to get out of it? wwyd?
Previous  1  2  3

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 4:44 pm
I don't know knownif its scam or not, I just want to point out that having a non local number does not mean they are calling from another state. I live in NY, have lived here for almost 11 years. I still have my cell phone number from before o got married. Don't think it's ever going to change. It's from Florida.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 4:48 pm
so proud imamothers are here to help and support.

Soul on fire

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 9:08 pm
It is 100% a scam!!!
https://www.occ.gov/news-issua......html
http://www.snopes.com/fraud/sales/cashier.asp

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 10:07 am
OP here. Thanks to each and every one of you that responded! I am now 100% sure it is a scam. I sent the following text - "I am unable to go through with this as per ebay rules, check will be sent back return to sender."

I got the following texts back-
"Please what do you mean?"
"the check will be delivered to you today and the check will clear before movers will come for pick up"
"I have already informed ebay about the transaction and as soon as the transaction is completed I will leave feedback on your ebay page to show that we have done the transaction successfully"

how do I respond now to get them off my back? btw, the check amount is going to be over 1K and I was expected to pay the movers over 1K cuz they are picking up 17 items. I feel sorry for anyone that completes the business with them, they would be out over 1K + their item! Crazy shock

cnc

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 10:08 am
amother wrote:
OP here. Thanks to each and every one of you that responded! I am now 100% sure it is a scam. I sent the following text - "I am unable to go through with this as per ebay rules, check will be sent back return to sender."

"the check will be delivered to you today and the check will clear before movers will come for pick up"
"I have already informed ebay about the transaction and as soon as the transaction is completed I will leave feedback on your ebay page to show that we have done the transaction successfully"

how do I respond now to get them off my back? btw, the check amount is going to be over 1K and I was expected to pay the movers over 1K cuz they are picking up 17 items. I feel sorry for anyone that completes the business with them, they would be out over 1K + their item! Crazy shock

I would either call eBay or simply respond that the check has been returned already as per EBay rules.

Soul on fire

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 11:18 am
I wouldn't respond at all at this point.

doctorima

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 12:02 pm
I don't think you owe them any response at this point, but if you want, you could always say something like, "You seem like a really nice and honest person, but my husband was discussing it with his boss at the precinct, and the chief said we shouldn't do it." That should keep them away. Smile

jkl

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:

The only way to get them off your back is not to respond at all. If you respond in any way, you'll get more of the above plus some add'l. Just ignore them from here on out and they'll stop emailing you within a few days.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 4:01 pm
amother wrote:

How come you didn't call the bank to see if the check was good as several womam suggested? Then you could have told him "bank says check is no good". Now he's still pretending that you're the one backing out and not being reasonable. If you tell him the check is no good, I don't see what he could possibly say bacl to you.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 4:19 pm
OP, don't worry, the movers are also part of the scam!
Do not answer and end of the story Smile He's already doing the same scenario with 10 other people right now, you are not his only victim and bh you will not be anymore!

cbg

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 5:03 pm
I think you should contact USPS, and see if they can stop the package and send it back to sender, before it arrives to you.
Explain the whole story and that you think it's a scam.
Also contact the postal service and ask to speak to the fraud department.

Scammers would not come after you. They will just move on to the next person.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 6:41 am
cbg wrote:
I think you should contact USPS, and see if they can stop the package and send it back to sender, before it arrives to you.
Explain the whole story and that you think it's a scam.
Also contact the postal service and ask to speak to the fraud department.

Scammers would not come after you. They will just move on to the next person.

BH" I was able to reject the package, the postal worker dropped it in my mailbox but I opened the door and asked them to "reject" the package and they did. So, usps tracking shows a rejected package, Yay! The "buyer" stopped texting me! Hooray Thanks for all the great advice here!!!!

imasinger

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 6:47 am
Good work!

Don't forget to report this to eBay, if you haven't done so yet.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 7:34 am
So glad to hear! Phew, you must be so relieved.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers