Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I lost my job and I love staying home..

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:04 pm
I lost my job about a month ago and since then I'm looking for a new job but in the meantime, I keep my baby home and I'm seriously loving every second, I feel so fulfilled. My whole life revolves around my kids,
When I worked I always felt so unfulfilled and not happy....

I know I need to work Nad iyh I'll find a job really soon bc this is far from ideal... But I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts, experience on this?

zaq

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:10 pm
I think it's wonderful that you can see this period as a positive experience and aren't letting worries about job hunting interfere with that pleasure.

Water Stones

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:13 pm
I never worked at a job since I have been married, but I love staying home and being only a wife and mother. My husband works enough money to take care of us.

If you suddenly had enough income for you to stay home, would you? I know some ladies who say they will go crazy if they don't work at outside job. They love a career and love the independence of earning money.

I'm so happy for you're enjoying your sahm life even if you need to go back to work. I understand loving it, too!!

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:13 pm
My mother has a business in the house and was always home for us when we came home from school with hot dinner ready. I worked in an office prior to my baby and just went back to work. I hate it, it drains me and I do not have energy to cook dinner. I feel horrible not being with my baby most of the day! I am looking to do freelance work from home and/or open a business that offers some kind of service. See if that is a feasible option for you. You become your own boss, with your own hours. Think: you can take vacation when you want for how long you want, you will never miss your daughter's chumash pay again! Win-win situation!

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:18 pm
I can understand you. I hate having to work. At a certain time, I was home with my kids and feel so fulfilled, I spend time with them and "put my all" into them helping them with what they need....but, I also feel unfulfilled at my job.
Unfortunately I can't afford not to work, but I understand how you feel. I feel the same way and would to be able to stay home to be with my kids.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:24 pm
It's really very simple. If you were counting on the income from your job to pay your bills, then it wouldn't be possible for you to feel relaxed and fulfilled staying home with your baby. You'd be to worried about how you were gonna pay the rent. If on the other hand you had a very low paying job or your dh makes enough money to pay the bills without your income, then sure, most woman would rather be home. There's a very different dynamic between losing a job when you rely on the income and losing a job that you don't. I suspect you are in the latter category.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:33 pm
No, my job actually pays my rent and kids tuition.... I MUST find a job but bh I am getting severence pay and my baby is four months old and believe it or not I got 5 days maternity leave so I am really glad to be home..

seeker

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:07 pm
Yeah, that happened to me. I let myself enjoy the time "off" because I knew IY"H it wouldn't last. It was hard to really apply myself to the job search but it got easier once I screwed my head back on and put things in perspective - I allowed myself to enjoy the downtime, packed in a bunch of errands and appointments and things that helped me catch up and breathe a little in a way that I wasn't doing when I was constantly running around to work, and paradoxically once I allowed myself to really feel the freedom I was able to get back into the work scene. I know it sounds backward but it was like I used the "vacation" to re-energize myself and then I was able to take that energy and put it back to work.

But yeah I wish I could do that again! Did not take long to feel the same rush and pressure and falling-behind-ness after going back to work!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics