Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Has the bombing in Manchester effected your daily life?
Previous  1  2

Has the recent bombings around the world effected your daily life?
Yes, I'm suspicious in public areas always keeping an eye open  
 18%  [ 23 ]
No, just continue living my life and hope for the best  
 76%  [ 97 ]
Other  
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 126

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 5:22 am
amother wrote:
Are you scared of going in public areas? Its unfortunate but now I think everyone else is starting to feel how Israelis felt when there were suicide bombings in Israel. it was never about the peace process it was always about the infidels. May gd protect everyone.

Trust in Hashem....

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 8:00 am
Yessss yes yes I can't get my eyes off the news and I can't stop thinking about the poor victims and their families. It was too close to home too close for comfort that has really hit hard. It could have easily been myself or someone I know. Not been myself at all the last few days. Why is there so much evil in the world??? Why?? Did you see little 8yr old victim Saffie's face?! Heartbreaking just can't comprehend

ora_43

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 10:52 am
sequoia wrote:
You know exactly what I mean and what the differences are.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

All terrorist groups have goals. Terrorism is a tactic; tactics are used in pursuit of goals.

Do you mean -

the IRA wanted something from a specific party (Britain) and the thing they demanded wouldn't result in Britain's destruction or even in very serious damage? and they focused their attacks on the people they were actually fighting?

TBH when I first read the responses here my thought was that of course the difference between the IRA and other groups was its more reasonable tactics.

But now I'm thinking, there's also a big difference between its demand for a partial British retreat, Hamas' demand for Israel to stop existing, and ISIS - on the extreme end of the spectrum - which has goals, but often attacks people without making any demands of them specifically. (eg ISIS wants territory in Iraq, and encourages attacks in France and Britain to up its profile - without even pretending France or Britain have the power to stop the attacks).

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:35 am
amother wrote:
Trust in Hashem....

That if you're going to die, you're going to die no matter what?

Even if you know you're going to die, no matter what, you can be afraid that this is going to be the time of death.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 8:33 pm
Still no sign of DD's friend's brothers.

From what I've read, they're having trouble identifying the bodies, due to the nature of the bomb and the damage done. Crying Crying Crying

DD's friend is an "internet friend", but as we all know, there are real people behind every keyboard, and we all feel each other's pain. DD is besides herself with worry, just as any of us would be if an amother's child was missing, CVS.

mfb

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:38 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

From what I've read, they're having trouble identifying the bodies, due to the nature of the bomb and the damage done. Crying Crying Crying

DD's friend is an "internet friend", but as we all know, there are real people behind every keyboard, and we all feel each other's pain. DD is besides herself with worry, just as any of us would be if an amother's child was missing, CVS.

How's dd? Have the boys been found yet?

Strudel

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 10:35 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

We live in Manchester, about 2 miles from where the bomb went off. All of the dead have been identified, I think the last of the 22 killed were named in the media of Friday.
I went shopping downtown on Thursday. Lots of armed police (police don't usually carry weapons here) and most stores has security by the entrance.
In the Jewish area not that much has changed apart from seeing CST volunteers outside the school gates. Here, the entire school campus is surrounded by high fences, with only 1 or 2 gates. I remember being shocked that school grounds in America were so accessible and open. That would never go here!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics