Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
- Amazing kiddush hashem - צארטל בת אסתר חנה לרפואה שלימה
1  2  Next

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:31 am
New York - A charity campaign established to pay for a lifesaving living transplant for a Monsey woman has crashed the servers of a crowdfunding
campaign, as generous donors from all over the world have stepped up to pay for the emergency surgery.

Newlywed Tzurty Reisman and her husband Motty had traveled to Israel to celebrate Lag B’Omer in Meron when Tzurty Reisman fell ill just one day before Lag B’Omer, vomiting severely and showing signs of jaundice. Motty Reisman rushed his wife of six months to the hospital where she suffered a complete liver shutdown, making an immediate transplant the only hope for her survival.

Members of the Jewish community got to work, hoping to make the necessary medical, financial and travel arrangements for the lifesaving surgery. Flying Reisman back to New York was out of the question because of the length of the trip and when a top Paris transplant center agreed to put Reisman first on their transplant list, she and her husband were flown to France to await a compatible liver.

Chaim Berkovic, a cousin of the Reisman’s, set up a crowdfunding campaign on the Unidy.org platform to raise the vast sums of money that would be needed to save Reisman’s life. He set a goal of $500,000 to cover the initial medical costs, including the transplant surgery and within less than 24 hours, the Give Tzurty Life campaign has raised more than $400,000. Over 5,000 donations have come in from all across the world, in amounts ranging from $1 to $10,000.

“We have close to 50 volunteers processing credit card information,” Berkovic told VIN News. “We have donations coming in from Australia, Quebec, all across the United Kingdown, Houston and many other places and it is amazing to see how klal yisroel has gotten together to help a young lady in her time of need.”

According to Berkovic, Unidy has never seen this volume for any single campaign, with an extra server being added to accommodate the unprecedented traffic to the site.
“They told me that in the history of their system they have never had so many users at once, with things happening so fast,” said Berkovic.
As of this writing, Reisman is currently in surgery and doctors have said that so far things are progressing smoothly.

“The third liver that they found was a good match and a good healthy liver,” said Reisman. “It is a delicate operation but doctors say things are going in the right direction.”
While initially doctors had refused to perform the operation until they knew that the Reismans could cover the cost of the operation, seeing the the immediate results of the crowdfunding campaign had them agreeing to go ahead with the procedure.
Berkovic said that there is no way to know at this time if medical insurance will cover any of the Reisman’s overseas medical costs and that the couple’s medical expenses will go far beyond the current $500,000 goal once the surgery has been completed.
“Right now we need to continue donating and to pray for Tzurtel bas Esther Chana,” said Berkovic.

chany-frum

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:34 am
check this out ....

https://www.unidy.org/helptzurty

Over $ 500,000 in less than 3 days...Amazing

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:36 am
This was left out of the post:

To donate to the campaign go to:

https://www.unidy.org/helptzurty

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:49 am
listen to husbands interview, in yiddish

husband interview

tweety1

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 1:00 pm
I cried buckets throughout this interview. So sad. Especially when I just found out I know the family. I think it its you much harder when you know the ppl in question. May we only hear good news.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 1:07 pm

chany-frum

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 1:21 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I cried buckets throughout this interview. So sad. Especially when I just found out I know the family. I think it its you much harder when you know the ppl in question. May we only hear good news.

I cried so so much, my only hope is that hashem collects all the tears and send her home healthy & strong

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 2:40 pm
the dh of this woman is satmar. all the details regarding money are happening because satmar is the greatest when it comes to chesed. this whole thing would not have worked if satmar wasnt involved. I dont know anyone here in this situation. but satmar is the one that mobilizes when it comes to chesed and helping people when htey need money.

it happens to be that people from all over the world donated and that is even more inspiring.

klal yisroel your doing great! may this bring moshiach and release us from galus especially in the coming yom tov of shavuos that is matan torasienu.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 6:22 am
How's Tzurty doing?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 8:32 am
Just for the record. She has bein treated offal in paris hospital. The antisemitism there is very high. Please be mispallel she sould be transferd to America very soon.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:30 am
I just read on ivelt that she was sitting on a chair before shavuos. She recovering very well. There's an interview of her father on Kol mevaser. Didn't listen to it. It's in yiddish.

Zeleze

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 12:30 pm
מי כעמך ישראל

cozyblanket

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:08 pm
Thank you for posting.
She should have a refuah shelayma b'karov.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:23 pm
Just wanna let everyone know that although this story has a great outcome. This woman is on immunosuppressant s so her body doesn't reject the new liver. She will be on it for the rest of her life. So anyone that is sick please be aware this is important to be extra careful. She can get very sick if you or anyone that's very ill to stay away. Or let her know so she can take precautions to protect herself.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:41 pm
As per a close family member they r working o transfer her to a nyc hospital...she made beautiful progress bh ...lets hope for the best.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 5:46 am
Thanks for the update. May she continue to improve and be able to resume regular life and bez'h be zoche to a family of her own.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:25 am
Did they find out why her liver shut down? Did something trigger this?

pink flower

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 5:02 pm
B"h. May she have a Refiah Shleima and a quick recovery very soon!

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 5:08 pm
You see how every dollar (and yid) counts there are so many small donations - but they all came together to create the sum needed.

She should have a complete refuah shelaima

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 5:38 pm
amother wrote:
Did they find out why her liver shut down? Did something trigger this?

Very rare genetic disease that they were unaware of.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed