Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Reason to replace baby nurse?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 7:45 am
Are these reasons to replace your baby nurse?
1. Found newborn baby (under two weeks old) left alone on top of changing pad on dresser. Nurse was in bathroom preparing sponge bath for baby, she said she had left him there for a minute bec she knows he can't move.
2. Found nurse sitting in chair next to baby, watching a movie on her phone, while baby was getting a little restless. Not crying, but a bit fussy (kicking his feet, making fussy noises).

behappy2

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 7:47 am
I would.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 8:00 am
Point one is an issue which you have to tell her very clearly that is dangerous and she can't do that, I can't see anything wrong with point two though. Even with a nurse around, a baby doesn't have to be held the minute they start getting a little restless. You'll end up with one spoiled fussy baby that way who wants to be held every second of the day.

water_bear88

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 8:03 am
Absolutely reasons to replace her!!! No, babies can't intentionally roll over at that age, but some manage it by accident. On point two I might not for one incident, but that sounds like he might be getting hungry and better to catch that before he's screaming. Repeat incidents would imply she doesn't know how to read newborn body language which is inexcusable in a professional baby nurse.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 8:03 am
Both examples are unacceptable.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 8:13 am
Some hold baby needs to learn not to be picked up when not really crying. But you're the mom, you decide.
First one I wouldn't tolerate. That might be something a mom does, not a nurse.

cm

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 8:29 am
Newborns can move, and they can fall. #1 is a good reason for termination, and for the sitter ("baby nurses" aren't really nurses) to seek further training or a different line of work.

#2 is in a grey area. It would depend on the big picture of how things are going.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 9:23 am
#1 is absolutely grounds for termination. That's straight up dangerous. No second chances there. #2 in and of itself is not such a big deal BUT if you place a high value on picking up the baby at the first squawk, then that's your decision and the baby nurse needs to defer to your parenting decisions, period.

finallyamommy

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 10:32 am
Both are grounds for termination. My baby rolled at 9 days old. If I'd had a nurse like that it might have been tragic, c'v. And a newborn can't be spoiled, for goodness' sake. You aren't paying her to watch movies on her phone, you're paying her to do what you can't, which is to give a tiny newborn baby just out of the womb the comfort and security he/she needs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics