Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is the craziest lie you ever believed?
1  2  3  4  Next

Frenchfry

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:15 am
And how long was it before you discovered the truth?

I figured that if I put this here, people will be more likely to answer if they can post anonymously.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:19 am
Something my husband teased me about for 10 years during intimacy and I believed him every time he said it! LOL
He thought I was just going along with his joking the whole time! It was pretty funny when it came out. I was also annoyed but we're very close and he's a huge joker which I love about him. I let him know that with something like this he has to let me know when he's joking if I'm not getting it.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:29 am
That I am normal.
I still cant figure out the truth. LOL

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:31 am
amother wrote:
Something my husband teased me about for 10 years during intimacy and I believed him every time he said it! LOL

What was it (you're anon anyway)?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:40 am
When I found out my husband was a s ex addict I believed him when he told me he was only addicted to p0rn and never acted out live. Took four months to find out the truth. Then when he told me he signed up for a dating site but never contacted anyone and freaked out and shut it down after two weeks...I initially also believed that. Turns out he contacted hundreds of women in those two weeks without any luck which is why he eventually shut it down. I believed him though. Jokes on me.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:42 am
When I was a little girl, the smaller, rounded cars came out (prior to that all cars were big and boxy). My sister and cousin told me that these new cars are all kidnappers. I believed them for months and hid behind a tree, etc..every time such a car passed by. One day my mother questioned me for my bizarre behavior....and the truth came out!

sequoia

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:56 am
That "misled" was pronounced misle-d.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
When I found out my husband was a s ex addict I believed him when he told me he was only addicted to p0rn and never acted out live. Took four months to find out the truth. Then when he told me he signed up for a dating site but never contacted anyone and freaked out and shut it down after two weeks...I initially also believed that. Turns out he contacted hundreds of women in those two weeks without any luck which is why he eventually shut it down. I believed him though. Jokes on me.

So at least he never slept with anyone else?

water_bear88

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:05 am
That carrots don't actually help you see better- turns out it was a piece of British WWII propaganda that stuck around.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:09 am
amother wrote:
So at least he never slept with anyone else?

He did. The fact that he didn't was a lie.

sequoia

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:16 am
water_bear88 wrote:
That carrots don't actually help you see better- turns out it was a piece of British WWII propaganda that stuck around.

Wait a minute... are you saying Mr. Prune doesn't keep you regular? LOL

water_bear88

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:20 am
sequoia wrote:
Wait a minute... are you saying Mr. Prune doesn't keep you regular? LOL

Nah, that one I know from experience. Unless it's placebo effect, which could be the case.

The propaganda one is actually pretty neat- they didn't want the Germans to know they had radar, and they wanted kids to eat more vegetables since most other staples were rationed, so they figured they'd kill two birds with one stone by saying their pilots could see in the dark because they ate lots of carrots.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:24 am
That if you eat watermelon seeds a watermelon will grow in your stomach. I was so scared for my big bro because he ALWAYS ate the seeds!!!! shock

(Anon because my sis is on here somewhere Smile )

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:27 am
That I was defective, all wrong, bad, and didn't deserve to be born.
Took me until my early 20s to figure out the truth.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:30 am
That "gullible" is not in the dictionary. And it's spelled with two g's.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:57 am
That my mother had prophetic dreams.
That she's a tzaddekes that suffers for the good of klall yisroel.
That a mekubal said special tefilos are coming from her house.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
That my mother had prophetic dreams.
That she's a tzaddekes that suffers for the good of klall yisroel.
That a mekubal said special tefilos are coming from her house.

Hug Hug

hello3

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 12:12 pm
As a kid, I was told that when u lie on the floor and someone passes over u u will stop growing. I still have a slight fear of it and can't stand crossing over babies. I know it's in my head but it's there Very Happy

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 12:17 pm
I have a friend who isnt married. Who claims that she could never marry a liar because she absolutely hates people who lie..well it took me a few years to realise that she is the biggest liar of all times....I stopped wondering why she isnt married yet...

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 12:17 pm
I used to believe that my father is not a pedophile.
I found out last night that he really really is.
He has a relations addiction and he attacks kids.

I always thought that it was just a boundary issue. Especially, when my aunts and uncles told me that he never molested us, and we don't know what molestation really is.

Baruch hanosein l'sechvi Bina To tell the difference between distorted truths and the real truth.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics