Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
How often do you call your mother?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

fiji

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 4:51 pm
We FaceTime pretty often. At least every other day...

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 4:58 pm
Interesting question, I would love to speak to my mother, (we don't live in the same country.)
Every time I called she is busy, if I call her cell she doesn't always answer and if I can the house line, she usually says she is busy so... Basically I just gave up calling her, Bc I used to get so hurt disappointed and upset.
Today I basically only speak to her before rosh Hashanah, or yom kippur. And maybe before yt.
She called me last week on my birthday which was really nice.
Other than that I'll call her to tell her I'm pregnant or had a baby and that's it... How sad

Sadie

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 4:58 pm
Skype once a week with both parents, and we have a family whatsapp group where we share daily happenings and pictures. We're very long distance.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:00 pm
At least once a day, usually more than once.

simba

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:07 pm
As often as I can. Sometimes that is once a week and other times it's 3 times a day.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:10 pm
We usually speak every 6-8 weeks. Not a set schedule, but that seems to be around when one or the other of us seems to feel "haven't heard from you in a while."

imasinger

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:11 pm
Pretty much every weekday.

Water Stones

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:13 pm
imasinger wrote:
Pretty much every weekday.

Me, too. My parents live in another country and we miss each other a lot.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:15 pm
I text and email many times a day. I call probably three times a week, sometimes it's for an hour, and sometimes it's too minutes. Life is just hectic and in my very limited down time I am not always in the mood of chatting. I have a good relationship with my parents and we see them 3 or 4 times a year (6 hour flight away).

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:25 pm
Maybe once a week, also text. But she comes to us every shabbos.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:40 pm
Please don't judge me...my mother's dead and I couldn't be more relieved.. Crying

crust

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:42 pm
amother wrote:
Please don't judge me...my mother's dead and I couldn't be more relieved.. Crying

No judjement. Just condolences.
And sympathies on the type relationship you had.
Or didn't have.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:45 pm
thank you, Crust. I still cry often about her

crust

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:49 pm
amother wrote:
thank you, Crust. I still cry often about her

If it's been a long time, I'd say more than 6 months have passed and you still find yourself crying, then, Doing some work with a grief therapist might be helpful.

Last edited by crust on Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:52 pm
For a yiddishe mommy, it's never enough, no matter how often you call. 😍 (I say this with love and jest-I love my mom, she's awesome!)

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:54 pm
Wow.. this post is making me so sad.
I live in Israel and my parents live in america so I think that definitely contributes to me not speaking to my mom often. (time difference) but I only speak to my mom once a week or sometimes once in 2 weeks.. If I have a specific question etc I'll call her randomly.. (that is if I can get thru.. she is usually in work when I am awake..)
When I was a newlywed it bothered me terribly that we speak so infrequently but then I got used to it.. Reading this post made me realize most ppl really do speak to their moms all the time..

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:37 pm
every few days, I speak to my grandmother once a week for about an hour too

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:42 pm
I work with my mother so I see her and speak to get daily. When do we really speak??? Never. Even though I see her every day we have a very not close relationship...she is too busy for me Sad

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 9:28 pm
Almost every morning. We Usually make a conferance call with all my sisters every morning.
My brothers call her almost every night.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:

Me too. For the last two years I kept it mostly to text so it felt less personal and I had more control.
The fallout isn't easy. Of her death I mean. But I have been mourning the mother I needed for 12 years now. And now it's over for good.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette