Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How does everyone know how to just NOT eat
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

farm

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 11:40 am
watergirl wrote:
I'm shocked that 4 pages in, no one mentioned what I've put in bold. You all think this is totally normal? Many women, invited to a weekend simcha, NO ONE washed or touched the food? If its true and OP isnt exaggerating at all, other than this being incredibly rude (the food had been paid for, not cheap to cater 2 meals!), this is a sad state of social paranoia indeed.
Its social pressure - no one wants to be the first one to wash. Especially if people are doing this in the name of health. We all know women who say that they are starving and simply wont allow themselves to be seen eating in public. Thats why many women go out for lunch and then maybe have a few bites of salad. Its NOT normal to go out, to a restaurant, to a simcha, and then not eat. And if these women truly did not touch the food, then it says a lot less about their "healthy" habits of nutritian and a lot more about themselves as a person. Anyone who is knowledgeable about nutrition knows how to go to a weekend event, kiddish, lunch date, and still manage to find food that is sensible and not starve. I'm not saying to take a heaping spoonfull of cholent, potato kugel, pasta salad... but there is almost always something.

OP, salmon, chicken, the vegetables - those are all healthh options, assuming that they werent floating in grease. If these women werent eating, please dont look to them as people to emulate. I'm sorry that after 4 pages in this thread, no one told you that.

ETA: before I get jumped on. Yes I'm sure that some people have restrictive diets and literally can not eat or will not eat catered food. I'm sure they bring their own and eat before/after. But thats not the case wherr op describes. Thats a whole other sad fad.

Yes, this was addressed. Posters who do this explained that they eat at home before the simcha because the food is heavy and unhealthy. If you think this is a horrible attitude then make sure to have healthy high quality food at your simchos. If you don't, you can't fault others for being careful with what they ingest. That being said, I highly doubt OP's original observation. I think most women pick and choose what part of the meal they want and don't automatically clean their plates at each course. And that sounds pretty smart to me.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise