Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would you park there?

farm

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 1:33 pm
The 'mothers with infants' parking spots that exist in some lots- if you are a typical overwhelmed and exhausted mom of an infant BUT DONT HAVE SAID INFANT WITH YOU during this particular errand, would you take one of those spots?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 1:36 pm
farm wrote:
The 'mothers with infants' parking spots that exist in some lots- if you are a typical overwhelmed and exhausted mom of an infant BUT DONT HAVE SAID INFANT WITH YOU during this particular errand, would you take one of those spots?

No.

I also don't use my husband's handicapped parking permit unless he's with me.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 1:36 pm
I highly doubt it's enforced, but as stressed as you feel, imagine feeling the same way but with your infant.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 2:20 pm
no, I wouldn't. Apart from the inconvenience its dangerous struggling across a carpark with an infant or toddler (or both).

Would you get out of an elevator if someone in a wheelchair needed it? (and there is a big sign on the elevator saying please give priority to people in wheelchairs and strollers)

MommyM

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 2:27 pm
Raisin wrote:
no, I wouldn't. Apart from the inconvenience its dangerous struggling across a carpark with an infant or toddler (or both).

Also, the ones I have seen have given extra space for a stroller so you don't have to worry about the next car driving in as you are trying to put your baby in the stroller. As stressed as you may be when you are a mother to a baby when the baby is not with you, you don't have to additionally take care of his or her safety at that moment.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 2:28 pm
I've never seen this. Are this private store lots or something else?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:

I've seen this in my pediatricians' parking lot. It's a big office building.
ETA: I wouldn't either unless there were some extenuating circumstances, like maybe you were giving someone who forgot her handicapped tag a ride.
I wish you koach!

ETA a second time: And I definitely wouldn't do it if there was a risk of fine unless, in a situation like above, I'd cleared it with the office/business/etc. I was going into.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Wed, Jun 28 2017, 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

lucky14

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 2:53 pm
I would not.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 5:50 pm
Does the sign say 'mothers with infants' or 'mothers of infants'?

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jun 28 2017, 6:00 pm
I did and would again, if I just had a baby, and due to health issues, can not walk the distance to the other parking spots.
I have a condition where at certain times I can not walk without the help of the stroller, so I take it with me, even when my infant is not with me. If I was feeling that way or close to that way, even if the stroller was not with me at the time, I would park there.
(Again, that is only if it is important enough to get out of the car...)

farm

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 12:34 pm
I think the sign are not regulated so not all the same verbiage. Infant parking, children parking, or just a picture of a stroller. No fines or enforcement that I know of. It's just a nice thing some parking lots include.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 1:24 am
amother wrote:
I know in Israel, in many mall parking lots there are these such spots. Not in private stores at all.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 1:26 am
imasoftov wrote:
Does the sign say 'mothers with infants' or 'mothers of infants'?
Im going to hope it says neither. Why only the mother? A father can be going to any of these places with babies as well.
In Israel it has no words, just a bigger spot and a picture of a baby carriage.

yOungM0mmy

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 2:11 am
Here they're called parent and child spaces, and officially are for children up to approx age 5, where it may be hard for the child to walk too far, to supervise a child across a big car park while carrying lots of stuff, or need extra space to buckle up car seat. I have parked there when heavily pregnant even if my other kids arent with me - it's hard for me to walk far and I need the extra space to get in and out of the car, and technically I have my child with me, so I consider it ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics