Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Real HCG diet
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
OP here
Thanks everyone for all the advice
Really helpful

AMother azure
Can I have the recipe for the cabbage stew with miracle noodle.
Also did the miracle noodle make you stall

Cabbage stew was 1-2 portions of lean stew meat (depending on how many people were eating) it was about 3-4 small pieces per person--got pretty good at eyeballing it after a while. I tried to sear the meat b4 putting it in the crock pot, but didn't find that it made a huge difference.

Head of cabbage--cut up into small pieces, to fit your crock pot, I use a 6 qt so it makes plenty, I usually had leftovers for a meal for the week and just added new meat. If it doesn't all fit, you can use the leftover cabbage to make cole slaw with apple cider vinegar, some stevia, salt and pepper. or grill it with some Bragg's Liquig Aminos.

1/2 pkg of miracle noodles--not really a "stall" it just takes time to leave your system, but not significant considering that you are cheating with the challah/ bread. Usually didn't "lose" over Shabbos, but corrected by Monday-Tuesday. I personally don't LOVE the miracle noodles so I used them sparingly and mostly on Shabbos to give the meals a little bit more food. I used the other 1/2 in the soup for Friday night.

Spices--sea salt, pepper, celery salt (if use this use less or no sea salt), onion powder, garlic powder, paprika--I didn't measure, just sprinkled liberally.

Water to cover the cabbage.

Oh and dessert on Shabbos was usually a baked apple with stevia and cinnamon or Strawberryies with the Waldman's chocolate sauce.

Don't worry too much about loading it will help you be more successful and it WILL come off within a week.

Pintrest has lots of HCG recipes.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 1:51 am
I know nothing about this diet/protocol except that our Kupat Cholim sent out an email a couple of years ago about how dangerous it is. I can't give more information because I did not look into it since I had no intention of doing it anyway.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 7:10 am
After load day 1 I gained 4.8 lbs.
Still feel full this morning
Never had that happen to me.
Will it take an entire week to get the load days weight off?
I'm doing it for 30 days, because I have a work related trip at the end of the summer and want to be in the middle of of p3 before I go.
If it will take a week, I may only lose 10lbs from my original weight.
I need to get at least 1/2 this weight off before the chagim. If not I'll be 50+lbs over.
Please let me know if it's all worth it because it really resets your metabolism.

Pamela

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 8:14 am
amother wrote:
I know nothing about this diet/protocol except that our Kupat Cholim sent out an email a couple of years ago about how dangerous it is. I can't give more information because I did not look into it since I had no intention of doing it anyway.

This. I'm surprised no one else mentioned the extreme dangers of this diet. I women I know who did this diet several years ago was diagnosed with a heart condition as a result OF this diet. When asked around by doctors she was told that unfortunately people are so taken by a quick fix they would do anything to loose the weight and in the end damage their vital organs.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 10:23 am
Pamela wrote:
This. I'm surprised no one else mentioned the extreme dangers of this diet. I women I know who did this diet several years ago was diagnosed with a heart condition as a result OF this diet. When asked around by doctors she was told that unfortunately people are so taken by a quick fix they would do anything to loose the weight and in the end damage their vital organs.

Sorry I can't believe that a diet that lasted for 43 days can cause a heart condition.
Think about it.
If HCG causes heart conditions then all pregnant ladies would be at risk.
Does that make sense.
As far as 500 cal., you don't get a heart condition for doing 500 calories in 40 days. If that was so, I hardly ate anything in 3 months while I was pregnant with morning sickness. That's limited calories with VERY HIGH HCG levels.

Now, if you tell me she had problems to begin with, and she didn't do the diet supervised by a doctor, then I don't blame the diet.

I think Drs. recommending gastric bypass, sleeve, band, where surgery is involved with anesthesia is more risky.
Or-
Being on medication for diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc for the rest of your life, is more damaging to the organ.

Did you know that statin drugs, I.e. cholesterol medication, can cause muscle weakness. The heart is a muscle. This is why sooo many ppl on cholesterol medication do develop heart conditions.
Now that's real scientifically proven facts.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 10:34 am
amother wrote:
Sorry I can't believe that a diet that lasted for 43 days can cause a heart condition.
Think about it.
If HCG causes heart conditions then all pregnant ladies would be at risk.
Does that make sense.
As far as 500 cal., you don't get a heart condition for doing 500 calories in 40 days. If that was so, I hardly ate anything in 3 months while I was pregnant with morning sickness. That's limited calories with VERY HIGH HCG levels.

Now, if you tell me she had problems to begin with, and she didn't do the diet supervised by a doctor, then I don't blame the diet.

I think Drs. recommending gastric bypass, sleeve, band, where surgery is involved with anesthesia is more risky.
Or-
Being on medication for diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc for the rest of your life, is more damaging to the organ.

Did you know that statin drugs, I.e. cholesterol medication, can cause muscle weakness. The heart is a muscle. This is why sooo many ppl on cholesterol medication do develop heart conditions.
Now that's real scientifically proven facts.

You're my kind of woman :-)

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 10:51 am
Pamela wrote:

I also find it hard to believe that it was purely from the diet. First of all, you are not "only consuming" 500 calories a day, you are essentially becoming a camel. You are burning the calories off the fat you are already storing and that's why the diet works. Its not the calories you are eating. If you would only eat and subsist on 500 calories a day, you would faint, and have no energy. On the HCG diet you are eating an overall balanced diet--protein, vegetables, fruit, some dairy if you chooose, limited fat and carbs--but using the fat that's already on your body, sounds like a "healthy" diet to me. I can't say I had "normal" energy--but lets put it this way, when I'm eating "regularly" I'm relying on coffee to get through the day. On the HCG I was running at 80-90% efficiency and NO coffee. I don't understand how the body can be "leeching protein"--what I read from an article, b/c you are eating protein--2 servings of protein. Could be they weren't eating enough protein, could be they went beyond the acceptable limits of the shots/spray or cheated in some other way.

I will be honest that part of my inspiration to try this diet came after reading a Holocaust memoir where she described the limited food that they were given, and while she entered the camps on the "plumper side" she survived the camp and came out--obviously-- thinner, but she managed on the minimal food she was given. I was like--short of "starvation"--which is what she had, how can I convince my body to do that? Yes, they had health issues after the war--but that was from "malnutrition" lack of nutrients, and poor ratio of protein to everything else and had difficulty eating "regularly" afterwards, but they survived and worked hard on limited calories.

I was a little concerned when I was on the first round that I thought I was having gallbladder /liver issues b/c I was feeling pain in that area and was eating lots of fat during Phase 3. Turned out to be shingles. Could be as a result of detoxing I triggered something in my system, but it was a short-lived panic and B"H I caught it early so I avoided serious health complications.

Also, before the diet I will say I was having "difficulty" conceiving, my body was not acting normal, my cycles were out of whack, and doctors couldn't pinpoint why. After losing 50lbs, my body went back to "normal" and I conceived right away. Everyone was telling me how good I looked, even though the "number" wasn't my optimal goal #, I was fitting into clothes that I hadn't fit into in almost 10 years--I almost felt that I had to stop b/c I couldn't afford a whole new wardrobe and the clothing I had was already looking really baggy on me. I lost fat in places that all the exercise I did, never budged. I felt AMAZING, and no health issues. I used to get colds all the time, now I haven't been sick in over a year.

If I hadn't lost the weight, I would still be considered "obese" and at risk for SO MANY more health complications--diabetes, heart conditions, etc. Not to mention depression from BEING overweight and feeling hopeless. Any exercise can put you "at risk" for health complications--injury, heart conditions, etc.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 11:14 am
I would like to add, that I heard from a notable nutritionist, A Dr. Shorr, that he abides by a similar concept in daily life--he's in his 60s, and thin, that he "doesn't eat before noon" which keeps his body in "ketosis" doesn't eat true grains, no dairy, and eats mostly of protein and fat. This was AFTER I did the diet, and it just reinforced the premise of the HCG diet. I can't vouch for the shots or actual HCG, I did the spray which is only "energy signatures" of HCG

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 11:56 am
All the articles that I've seen touting the "dangers of the diet" are ignoring the "camel" concept--that you are NOT JUST consuming 500 calories but burning thousands of calories from what's already IN your body. The HCG diet is not "random 500 calories"--you're not eating a donut and coffee, or just a nutrition bar or shake (its actually very anti-shakes). Its VERY SPECIFIC 500 calories, timed at specific intervals. I've even seen how "little tiny cheats" have an effect. I was drawn to this diet, b/c before hand I know that I was NOT eating 2000 calories every day, and yet my weight was going no where. Your body is smart, if it senses that you are "Eating less" it goes into "Starvation mode" and you store fat for later. So how do you win? You have to "trick your body" with protein and the HCG to release the stored fat b/c it thinks its not in starvation mode. And you have to "exit the diet" right or your body thinks "Ok, famine over, got to get ready for the next one" and stores the fat again.

During phase 3 which I ate (special phase 3) Chocolate, donuts, fried stuff, fat and protein in abundance--I didn't gain anything! You have to experience the sensation of the ketosis phase and how you are NOT hungry and NOT craving everything in sight. How I went to a buffet, wedding, events, that had all my favorite foods, and was perfectly fine NOT eating! Even afterwards I was feeling full faster, eating more controlled portions.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
All the articles that I've seen touting the "dangers of the diet" are ignoring the "camel" concept--that you are NOT JUST consuming 500 calories but burning thousands of calories from what's already IN your body. The HCG diet is not "random 500 calories"--you're not eating a donut and coffee, or just a nutrition bar or shake (its actually very anti-shakes). Its VERY SPECIFIC 500 calories, timed at specific intervals. I've even seen how "little tiny cheats" have an effect. I was drawn to this diet, b/c before hand I know that I was NOT eating 2000 calories every day, and yet my weight was going no where. Your body is smart, if it senses that you are "Eating less" it goes into "Starvation mode" and you store fat for later. So how do you win? You have to "trick your body" with protein and the HCG to release the stored fat b/c it thinks its not in starvation mode. And you have to "exit the diet" right or your body thinks "Ok, famine over, got to get ready for the next one" and stores the fat again.
L
During phase 3 which I ate (special phase 3) Chocolate, donuts, fried stuff, fat and protein in abundance--I didn't gain anything! You have to experience the sensation of the ketosis phase and how you are NOT hungry and NOT craving everything in sight. How I went to a buffet, wedding, events, that had all my favorite foods, and was perfectly fine NOT eating! Even afterwards I was feeling full faster, eating more controlled portions.

Azure can you explain the special phase 3 you were on.
According to Dr. Simmeons no starch, sugar, flour of any kind.
Are you talking about chocolate delights and special low carb donuts.
I would love the recipe for the donuts, please.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 8:59 pm
Azure, thank you for your support! It is the evening after my 2nd loading day. (I didn't gain anything after day 1 of loading). I made my chicken cutlets, and am looking forward (in a sort of wary way) to starting the phase 2 - vlcd phase tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 7:29 am
Also starting VLCD today.
Gained another 1.8 lbs loading the 2nd day
Hope these extra 6.4lbs come off quickly so I can start getting the weight off.

I spoke to someone that's doing it.
She bought herself a blouse.
Two weeks later she was going to wear it for the first time.
It was huge on her, she had to go return it.
She bought a small instead of a large.
She says it's a little tight, but she wants to have it a little longer than 2 weeks.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 7:59 am
A quick tip that I noticed. When you are getting tired of chicken, do NOT try turkey instead. Turkey will stall you for at least 3 days. I don't know why, I just know that it does.

Buy the most expensive steak you can, and grill it or pan sear it. When cool, slice into thin strips, and weigh them out for 100 gram portions. Steak strips make great snacks between meals, too.

Experiment with different types of fresh fish. Bass, trout, grouper, any white fish that is kosher. The fish oil will do wonders for speeding up weight loss.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 8:30 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
A quick tip that I noticed. When you are getting tired of chicken, do NOT try turkey instead. Turkey will stall you for at least 3 days. I don't know why, I just know that it does.

Buy the most expensive steak you can, and grill it or pan sear it. When cool, slice into thin strips, and weigh them out for 100 gram portions. Steak strips make great snacks between meals, too.

Experiment with different types of fresh fish. Bass, trout, grouper, any white fish that is kosher. The fish oil will do wonders for speeding up weight loss.

Thanks still worried about the weight gain

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 8:48 am
amother wrote:
Thanks still worried about the weight gain

Worry creates cortisol. Cortisol is the stress hormone that makes your body hold on to fat.

Worrying is the WORST thing you can do!

Daven for success, and know that Hashem wants you to have a healthy body. Believe that Hashem wants the very best for you, and that He will help you in all things.

Negative thinking will only bring you more negative things. You get what you focus on the most. Focus on success. Think good, and it will be good!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 8:54 am
Is it really possible to lose 30lbs in 30 days?
It would be great if I only have to do this 1 time.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 9:05 am
amother wrote:
Is it really possible to lose 30lbs in 30 days?
It would be great if I only have to do this 1 time.

I found the first round to be closer to 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days. Some days you'll only lose 1/2 a pound, depending on your menstrual cycle, how much salt you've had, water retention, stress, etc.

Repeating the protocol in phase 2 is what really locks in the weight loss, and helps it stick. Otherwise you're at risk to just gaining it all back.

When you get to phase 3, you're adding back all the "forbidden" foods slowly, and finding out what works and what doesn't. That's when I found out that bakery bread gave me muscle pain, and walnuts were a migraine trigger! Who knew? It's really important for figuring out what is a hidden food sensitivity, and what makes your energy go up or down.

(Interestingly, home made bread does not affect me, so it must be a commercial ingredient I'm reacting to.)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 6:16 pm
So far so good
VLCD 1
I ate
Apple = 230g
tilapia = 100g
cucumber = 100g
chicken breast = 100
celery = 100g
Strawberries= 100 g

I decided to weigh everything I ate today in order to see exactly how much I'm eating.

I bought a regular size Apple.
Is it too big.

My calorie count for the day 434, total carbs 58, sugars 40
This according to my fitness pal.

OH and I drank 128oz water

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 6:42 pm
I did one round, will be starting round two next week. I lost 30 lbs! I will be doing as many rounds as needed to lose over 100 lbs.
I've tried every diet and this is my first success

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 9:10 pm
This is the only thing that works for me too, I have many different chronic issues and have been exercising and dieting for 35 years.
This protocol is miraculous as FF explained! You really should read Dr. Simeons Pound and Inches:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....rOiPQ

This is a great video she's interviewing someone who's lost 102 lbs and kept it off for 7 years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paCg1H-GO3Y
This protocol is NOT for someone with a normal metabolism, someone who can just cut some food and lose. It's for those of us who;ve done EVERYTHING to lose but cant. It's truly a miracle for us!

Floralwhite, I found that I, like FF said can eat a small piece of challah without a problem.
I don't have the grisini the whole week because I'm sensitive to gluten, but do have challah twice on shabbos.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise