Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
1-year-old not sleeping through

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 12:01 am
My one year old is still waking up in the middle of the night. I don't feed or play with him. He's on a pretty consistent routine. I'm due in January, and I'm freaking out. I know I have some time, but I need him to sleep.

hila

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 12:30 am
Well - of course.
He is a baby. He will grow up and be able to get himself back to sleep. But the problem is that you need sleep.
If you are not feeding him at night - can your dh get up for a few nights to give you some rest?

Otherwise TTWP . You will look back and sigh a little, but then you will miss that cuddle and the precious moments.

Hatslacha

lucky14

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 1:41 pm
Does he go back to sleep easily? What do you do to get him to fall back asleep?

momof2+?

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 4:02 pm
My almost 1 yr old doesn't sleep through yet either. Probably whatever routine you have for when you put him to sleep (at beg of night or in the middle) has become his "routine". Either you can keep this routine until he old enough to understand that he has to go back to sleep alone and not wake mommy in the middle of the night (3 years?) or you can teach him to self sooth, by showing him that he is perfectly capable of putting himself back to sleep. This may involve crying on his part. Usually takes 2 or 3 hard nights and then bliss Smile You'll BOTH wake up feeling more rested Smile
Do you have any reason you think he is waking up other than the routine?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics