Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
How far would you travel?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 12:49 pm
Just curious, how far would you travel for a bargain?

Do you shop in different places for the best price?

When is time and effort not worth the savings?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 12:55 pm
In a word, nope. There is one major super market near me. Thats where I shop. I never go farther for the bargain as then Im using petrol.
The only time of year I actually travel 30 minutes to shop is before pesach when I am almost sure the sales are even better in that father store, but otherwise, its all comparable after a while.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 1:01 pm
I actually measured my mileage for grocery shopping this week. I have 5 maybe six stops for my monthly shopping. They are all within a 1 mile radius of where I live.

lfab

Post Wed, Jul 05 2017, 1:10 pm
Depends on the bargain and how much I would be saving. For small items, not very far. I used to shop in 3 different grocery stores in order to take advantage of sales and get the best prices on different items. Now, I barely have time to go to one store! So for a few dollars more per week it's worth it to me to just shop at 1 store (I try to make up for it my stocking up when things are on sale so at least I'm saving something). If it was for a large item (such as a piece of furniture, computer, etc.) I'd travel a bit if I could get a really good deal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains