Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Substitute ground oats in muffin recipe?

momof2+?

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 9:32 am
What can I substitute ground oats for when baking? I tried grinding them and substituting part of whole wheat flour in a muffin recipe. Didn't come out amazing, but it was the first time trying the recipe. Does grinding it fine like or flour, or less make a difference?

momof2+?

Post Sat, Jul 08 2017, 11:17 pm
Any help here, please?
Thanks!

yogabird

Post Sat, Jul 08 2017, 11:34 pm
Are you looking to make a recipe gluten free? I don't have a ton of experience, but I see these gluten free mixes being sold, which are mostly oat flour with some other additives, and those are supposed to work well as a wheat flour substitute. I'm assuming this is a thing because just plain oat flour doesn't work all that well in regular recipes. You can google gluten free muffin recipes though and I'm sure you'll get a ton of results. Sorry if I'm off base with the gluten free and good luck!

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 5:23 pm
I put a bunch of stuff in muffins: oats, cornmeal, whole wheat, etc. when I make them but I like the textures ... you can add some ground flax seed to help lighten up any heaviness with the batter
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking