Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Tips for counselors when child barely goes

grivky

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 7:26 pm
The thread about tips for counselors made me want to ask my own question...

I paid full price for my son to go to camp 5 full days per week (about 25 hours per week) but he only goes for about 6-9 hours per week. Last Friday they sent home a newsletter mentioning tips for counselors to show hakaras hatov to them. My son has 4 teenage counselors. It seems like they take good care of him as he is excited to go everyday, but tipping the 4 counselors sounds excessive to me. Do I really need to tip them? How much should I tip them? Can I get them a small gift (5$ each) instead? What should I get them?

boysrus

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 7:28 pm
HOnestly, I wouldnt tip at all under the circumstances.

lucky14

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 9:37 pm
boysrus wrote:
HOnestly, I wouldnt tip at all under the circumstances.

I agree. It's always nice to receive tips but I honestly wouldn't if I were you. I was a camp counselor for a couple of summers if that matters for anything :-p IF you do then of course a small gift would be just fine.

momX4

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 10:17 pm
Buy a bar of chocolate at attach a thank you note.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:47 am
15-18$ each or buy them a gift card to the ice cream store $5 each amd a Thank you note.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:01 am
It really depends on if your arrangement was clear from the beginning or if they were relying on your kid showing up every day.

If your arrangement wasn't clear, and it's expected that part of their income is tips, and it's the sort of place that fills up, then I don't think it's necessarily fair to not tip. In that case, the counselors showed up every day to be available for your kid, and if your kid hadn't filled that spot, someone else would have showed up who would have tipped them.

If your arrangement was clear from when you signed your kid up, then I think that's a different story because they weren't expecting your kid each day, and couldn't have relied on you giving the same tip.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:18 am
$5 gift sounds good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics