Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Non Slip Pool Slippers

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 9:48 am
I'm looking for non slip pool shoes or slippers. We don't use Crocs for the pool because they become slippery when wet so we use jellies from Gap or Old Navy.
DD just tripped on the stairs going down from the pool. The day camp said it was because of her jellies. I say it was because they took the kids down the stairs while they were still dripping wet.
In any case I'm looking for something that is more safe for a little girl, 10.5 shoe size.
If you can recommend something I'd be most grateful!

jkl

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 11:01 am
ra_mom wrote:
I'm looking for non slip pool shoes or slippers. We don't use Crocs for the pool because they become slippery when wet so we use jellies from Gap or Old Navy.
DD just tripped on the stairs going down from the pool. The day camp said it was because of her jellies. I say it was because they took the kids down the stairs while they were still dripping wet.
In any case I'm looking for something that is more safe for a little girl, 10.5 shoe size.

Children's Place, Lands End and other companies sell 'water shoes'. They have rubber soles with treads to ensure a good grip.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 11:20 am
[quote="ra-mom"]
Quote:

[quote="jkl"]Children's Place, Lands End and other companies sell 'water shoes'. They have rubber soles with treads to ensure a good grip.

Yes. Water shoes. They'll be nice and grippy for her. Swim Outlet has a good selection:
https://www.swimoutlet.com/gir.....0170/ But even Walmart carries them.

BTW, I'm guessing she tripped because kids sometimes trip. Is she OK?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 11:31 am
jkl wrote:
Children's Place, Lands End and other companies sell 'water shoes'. They have rubber soles with treads to ensure a good grip.

SixOfWands wrote:
Yes. Water shoes. They'll be nice and grippy for her. Swim Outlet has a good selection:
https://www.swimoutlet.com/gir.....0170/ But even Walmart carries them.

BTW, I'm guessing she tripped because kids sometimes trip. Is she OK?

Thank you so much!! Water shoes it is then.

I saw such water shoes at the dollar store near me for $7.
Or from Amazon?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....1YOBW

Would any of those be ok? Both of those places super convenient for me as I'd be able to get them in time for Monday morning.

And thanks SixOfWands! She's ok bh. She had a nose bleed and scaped her elbow but thank G-d no worse.

jkl

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 11:49 am
ra_mom wrote:
Thank you so much!! Water shoes it is then.

I saw such water shoes at the dollar store near me for $7.
Or from Amazon?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....1YOBW

Would any of those be ok? Both of those places super convenient for me as I'd be able to get them in time for Monday morning.

And thanks SixOfWands! She's ok bh. She had a nose bleed and scaped her elbow but thank G-d no worse.

They should be ok if they have rubber soles with treads on them. The amazon one appears to have it, so it looks to be ok.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 21 2017, 1:37 pm
jkl wrote:
They should be ok if they have rubber soles with treads on them. The amazon one appears to have it, so it looks to be ok.

Thanks! I ordered from Amazon and if they don't work out I can get from the other store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics