Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How are natives compared to Crocs?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 8:07 pm
I want kids to change into something when they come home from school. What's better? I see kids wearing natives all day. Are they more supportive than Crocs?

Writergirl

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 8:21 pm
I love natives for my kids because they stay on their feet and yes offer better support. my kids literally wear them instead of shoes all summer and I feel I get every penny's worth from them

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:53 pm
I adore kids' natives. My kids wear theirs all day every day this summer and they're really holding up perfectly. They're supportive and cute looking and my kids seem comfortable.
My nieces and nephews have crocs which I think are easier to put on, and also easier to take off/fall off. Maybe others can chime in re quality.

sleepybeauty

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:55 pm
Writergirl wrote:
I love natives for my kids because they stay on their feet and yes offer better support. my kids literally wear them instead of shoes all summer and I feel I get every penny's worth from them

I agree. They're amazing.

lucky14

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 10:22 pm
Get the natives! Personally I think they're SO much cuter then the "original" crocs (though now crocs also makes a shoe that's kind of a similar style to natives). They're comfy and cushy. They stay on better then crocs. My one year old LOVES wearing his.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 10:35 am
Natives are great, but not for every kid. One child of mine lives in them, and the other one is irritated by the plastic rubbing. Most kids don't have that issue, but something to keep in mind.

Also, keep in mind there are different styles that fit differently.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 10:45 am
not OP but have question: do the natives get outgrown very fast cuz they fit like a shoe? my kids are wearing crocs for a year and still going strong. I'm sure they wouldn't wear natives for a year, am I right?

Writergirl

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 12:12 pm
amother wrote:
not OP but have question: do the natives get outgrown very fast cuz they fit like a shoe? my kids are wearing crocs for a year and still going strong. I'm sure they wouldn't wear natives for a year, am I right?

yes you are right. When I buy natives I literally think of them as summer shoes meaning my kids will usually have another pair of real shoes but super cheap ones only

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 12:19 pm
amother wrote:
Natives are great, but not for every kid. One child of mine lives in them, and the other one is irritated by the plastic rubbing. Most kids don't have that issue, but something to keep in mind.

Also, keep in mind there are different styles that fit differently.

I agree with this- both my boys have natives, and I love the concept, I love the look, I love that they can wear them to the pool and then to the playground. But for some reason one son gets very irritated from them and I had to switch him to crocs. If he wears the natives in the sprinkler and his foot sits in the shoe with water he gets bad peeling feet, and the backs rub on to his heels, event though they are most definitely not too small.

So in general I prefer natives but it seems they are not for every child

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 4:17 pm
op here. thank you everyone for positive feedback. ive seen natives with dark beige sole. are they more practical then white? also can my 5 yo son wear them to school?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics