Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Can one send to Rappaport in RBS if they live out of BS?

heartinzion

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 5:07 pm
Making aliyah. Don't think I want to live in RBS but Rappaport might be a good fit for our kids. Is this possible?

vicki

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 5:16 pm
Not really. The only shot you have is if you live in one of the moshavim around RBS. Even then they have a hard time unless the older siblings already attend that school.

heartinzion

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 5:21 pm
Thanks. Can you tell me please what moshavim are around RBS?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 1:58 am
heartinzion wrote:
Thanks. Can you tell me please what moshavim are around RBS?
There is aderet, neve michael, zanoah. I know aderet and neve michael are either religious moshavim or at least have a religious population. Not sure about zanoah. I know there are a few others, but Im blanking on the names.

heartinzion

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 10:24 pm
What about if we live in Beit Shemesh, as opposed to RBS, can we send to a school in RBS, like Rappaport?
Sorry for the ignorance, I just really have no idea how it all works there!

salt

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 1:07 am
There are similar type schools in Jerusalem, if you're thinking of living in Jerusalem.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 1:10 am
Just curious ... if you have actually seen the Rappaport school in RBS? I heard their education is very good, but the families are definitely more modern. Generally, where there is excellent chol, the school has more modern families. Is that what you are looking for? I am asking because I was there when looking for a school for my son and was surprised by certain things I saw. Still, I know people who sent there and they were very happy. They are much more modern and open than us though.

essie14

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 1:48 am
heartinzion wrote:
What about if we live in Beit Shemesh, as opposed to RBS, can we send to a school in RBS, like Rappaport?
Sorry for the ignorance, I just really have no idea how it all works there!

There is a hassa'ah from BS to Rappaport, there are definitely BS children who go to all the branches of Rappoport in RBS.
Are you on Facebook?
This group can answer all your questions.
https://www.facebook.com/group.....6902/

essie14

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 1:50 am
amother wrote:
Just curious ... if you have actually seen the Rappaport school in RBS? I heard their education is very good, but the families are definitely more modern. Generally, where there is excellent chol, the school has more modern families. Is that what you are looking for? I am asking because I was there when looking for a school for my son and was surprised by certain things I saw. Still, I know people who sent there and they were very happy. They are much more modern and open than us though.

Do you know the OP IRL? How can you say that people are more modern than "us"?

ProudMommie

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 1:57 am
I was talking about my friends who sent their kids there so yes, I do know THEM irl and yes, they are more modern/open than us. Sorry if that offended you.

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 2:10 am
ProudMommie wrote:
I was talking about my friends who sent their kids there so yes, I do know THEM irl and yes, they are more modern/open than us. Sorry if that offended you.

But are they more "modern" (whatever that means) than the OP? That is the only frame of reference that is relevant here.

essie14

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 2:14 am
ProudMommie wrote:

You know nothing about the OP. For all you know, SHE is more modern than the school. It's a strange thing to say and quantify like that.

salt

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 2:14 am
DrMom wrote:
But are they more "modern" (whatever that means) than the OP? That is the only frame of reference that is relevant here.

Totally agree, she doesn't know what OP is looking for. Funny to write that the school is too modern for her.

slushiemom

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 2:43 am
Yes, there are a bunch of families who live in BS (mostly from Sheinfeld) who send their kids to Rappaport. My parents sent my sister there and were very happy with the school.

Feel free to PM me for more details about the neighborhood.

heartinzion

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 6:29 am
Thanks, guys.
Sorry for the confusion. We are looking for DL Torani. From what we've heard so far, Rappaport is a very good fit for us but we just don't think we'll find our place in RBS. We are looking at places im BS, more like Nofei Hashemesh (unless I'm wrong? Are there neighborhoods kind of like Nofei hashemesh I'm RBS?).

slushiemom

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 6:36 am
Rappaport is great for DL Torani.
If you haven't yet, you might want to check out Ramat Shiloh. It's technically in RBS A, but it's it's own community centered around a DL shul/yeshiva. Really nice community with a lot of Anglos.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 9:20 am
RBS has a VERY large mix of people. There's etheopians, charedidim, dat leumi, french, chardal, toranit, and even secular jews that live in Ramat Beit Shemesh Aleph. Look into it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions