Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Kudo's to Ivanka!!
1  2  Next

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 1:06 pm
She finally broke ranks with her father and is denouncing the the nazis. Now if her father could only do the same. Oh I think she could have been a bit stronger, but she is working in the belly of the beast side by side with racist anti semites like OBannon.
http://addictinginfo.com/2017/.....eets/

"When Donald Trump was elected, many hoped that his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, would be a moderating influence when it came to tamping down on a far-right agenda. However, those of us who held out that hope were disappointed time and time again. Trump hired white supremacists to work in the West Wing of the White House in the form of open white nationalist Stephen K. Bannon as his Chief Strategist, anti-immigrant extremist Stephen Miller as his speech writer and immigration policy adviser, and neo-Nazi Sebastian Gorka as a Senior Adviser. Trump also promptly attacked the LGBTQ community – a group of people Ivanka has been openly supportive of. Therefore, it was concluded that Ivanka and Jared could not reign in Trump’s worst instincts.

Ivanka has been totally silent when it comes to her father’s bigotry, and has even defended him when it comes to people calling him out for being a misogynist. However, it seems that the white supremacist violence that resulted in several deaths in Charlottesville, Virginia this weekend was too much for her. While Trump himself gave a tepid response from prepared remarks regarding this tragedy that was a direct result of open bigotry, Ivanka took to Twitter to denounce the hate and to call out neo-Nazis and white supremacists. She tweeted:
Ivanka Trump ✔ @IvankaTrump
1:2 There should be no place in society for racism, white supremacy and neo-nazis.
5:09 AM - Aug 13, 2017
14,584 14,584 Replies 7,201 7,201 Retweets 28,077 28,077 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Follow
Ivanka Trump ✔ @IvankaTrump
2:2 We must all come together as Americans -- and be one country UNITED. #Charlottesville
5:09 AM - Aug
Make no mistake – Ivanka will NOT call her father out for not strongly condemning this. She has to know he’s a racist. After all, she’s his daughter, and she watched the kind of campaign he ran just like the rest of us. But, credit must be given where credit is due. It is likely not easy to break with one’s father in a family that operates the way the Trumps do. So, in this instance, way to go Ivanka. Maybe your father will take a cue from you and speak out in a more direct and appropriate way. I won’t hold my breath on that one, though. 13, 2017

WhatFor

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 1:15 pm
Nope. You don't get brownie points for condemning white supremacists. US patriots have been condemning nazis since the 1940s and that's really the bare minimum any decent human being would do. I refuse to lower my standards and count this as a "win".

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 1:23 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Nope. You don't get brownie points for condemning white supremacists. US patriots have been condemning nazis since the 1940s and that's really the bare minimum any decent human being would do. I refuse to lower my standards and count this as a "win".

Oh I'm not counting this as a win. I'm hoping that some of the Trump apologists here can see the climate of antisemitism the president is fostering.

Trust me I don't think that Ivanka is gonna hold her fathers feet to the fire when it comes to the nazi support of his presidency. Her fortunes are much too interwoven and dependant on daddy's.

ETA: it's interesting that the none of the other Trump children have spoken out.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Sun, Aug 13 2017, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

treestump

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 1:24 pm
It's a sad day when you have to praise someone for condemning terrorism and racism.

Fox

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 2:46 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Oh I'm not counting this as a win. I'm hoping that some of the Trump apologists here can see the climate of antisemitism the president is fostering.

This is a case of "stating as a fact that which must be proved." There is no evidence that Trump is "fostering" anti-Semitism.

In fact, I don't think Trump has that much power. I mean, white supremacist organizations -- the KKK in particular -- have been around for 150 years. We've had presidents who denounced them mildly, presidents who rebuked them forcefullly, and presidents who embraced them. They have long since ceased to play any meaningful role in political life. Is Trump some kind of shaman who can magically increase or decrease their power?

But if Trump is truly "fostering" anti-Semitism, he seems to be winning over some pretty diverse groups. It's a unique individual who can push his agenda with both the organizers of Chicago's Dyke March and the citizenry of Mahwah, NJ, where voters rejected Trump in 2016 by a wide margin. And who knew he was buds with Louis Farrakhan?!

Or maybe this has nothing whatsoever to do with Trump. Maybe there is plenty of anti-
Semitism on the left, right, and in the middle. Maybe there is significant anti-Semitism in countries outside the U.S. and places where Trump's name is barely known.

What has changed, I offer, is a renewed confidence in freedom of speech. People are becoming braver when it comes to expressing their opinions, whether they work at Google or subscribe to hateful ideologies.

Well, that's one of the risks of free speech. Sometimes people say hateful things. If you believe that sunlight is the best disinfectant, you accept that there is ugly stuff out there. If you believe rigid conformity and totalitarianism will eradicate bad thoughts and evil words, then you are likely to find life in the U.S. very unsettling.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 3:03 pm
I'm just wondering why I didn't hear any voices left of Breitbart condemning Muslim imams calling to murder all Jews. Bigots and anti-semites come in all shapes and sizes and they exist on the left at least as much as they exist on the right. It's not fair to demand from the mainstream right to condemn the very far fringes. People who are so far away from any mainstream politician but when it comes to voices on the progressive left saying virtually the same things - there is either silence or excuses.
I was very involved in the story of the imams so I have first hand knowledge of the facts and willing to elaborate if you are unaware.

ETA

I am waiting for Bernie Sanders to condemn everything his supporters have said and done . Politicians cannot be held responsible over any crazy nut job who decided to support them. American progressive Jews on the left are going wake up very soon to realize that they have some very unsettling and dare I say un-welcoming bedfellows.

Fox

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 3:24 pm
treestump wrote:
It's a sad day when you have to praise someone for condemning terrorism and racism.

Well, we've had little enough practice for the last 8 years. President Obama rarely went out on a limb to condemn terrorism, and over the course of his administration, he became remarkably tone-deaf about race.

His tweets regarding the tragedy in VA show a remarkable ignorance or rejection of science. Maybe he is challenging Trump to see who can send the most ridiculous tweets.

yehudis1056

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 7:42 pm
Fox wrote:
Well, we've had little enough practice for the last 8 years. [b]President Obama rarely went out on a limb to condemn terrorism, and over the course of his administration,[/b] he became remarkably tone-deaf about race.

His tweets regarding the tragedy in VA show a remarkable ignorance or rejection of science. Maybe he is challenging Trump to see who can send the most ridiculous tweets.

Yes that's true and many trump supporting frum Jews were highly critical of him for that. To not be equally critical of trump for failing to call this terrorism and naming the idiology that resulted in said terrorism while blasting Obama for doing the same is hypocrisy.

anon for this

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 10:33 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I am waiting for Bernie Sanders to condemn everything his supporters have said and done . Politicians cannot be held responsible over any crazy nut job who decided to support them.

I'm not a Bernie Sanders supporter, but what you wrote here isn't true. A couple of months ago, James Hodgkinson, an outspoken Bernie Sanders supporter, shot at a group of Republican congressmen, injuring several people. That day, Sanders addressed the Senate, condemning the attack "in the strongest possible terms", adding that "real change can only come about through nonviolent action".

Note also that while Trump called for physical attacks on his opponents numerous times during the campaign, Sanders has never done so. Nor did Sanders call for a foreign government to interfere in the US election as Trump did.

Given the differences in how Trump and Sanders conducted themselves during their campaigns, not to mention the fact that Trump is the president now while Bernie Sanders is a senator, it would be appropriate to hold Trump to a higher standard than Sanders when it comes to their responses to violence committed by their supporters. However, when Trump supporters have committed murder and attempted murder, Trump's responses have been more delayed and less specific and direct than Sanders' response, often blaming "hate" from various sides rather than condemning specific acts. Trump's response to the Charlottesville terrorist attack is thus consistent with his response to other attacks.

So far today, Trump has not issued any clarification to his remarks blaming "many sides" for the attack. Of course these vague and delayed responses stand in stark contrast with Trump's responses to those who he feels have personally insulted him, including various celebrities, late night television shows, and a hit Broadway musical. This morning, Trump found the time to criticize CEO Kenneth Frazier, who quit Trump's manufacturing council because of Trump's response to the terror attack.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 10:56 am
Sigh. I would have thought that we could all agree on how terrible the events of the weekend were. Sadly, Trump supporters have yet again proven that Trump was correct when he said that he could kill someone on Fifth Avenue, and not lose support.

In any case, during the election, Trump supporters expressed their dismay that Obama wasn't sufficiently upfront in referring to "Islamic terrorism."

Where are the outcries from these same people when Trump refuses to condemn the bombing of a mosque as an act of terrorism?

Where are they when Trump refuses to condemn domestic terrorism in Charlottesville, instead referring to violence "on all sides," like a bad headline about Palestinian terrorists being killed by a suicide bomb.

There is no question on earth that White Supremacists see Trump's tweets as supporting them. And there is no question in my mind that Trump knew that would be the case.

But hey, know what really makes America great? The fact that a bunch of Jewish women can sit around and defend a president for refusing to categorically condemn people walking around with Nazi flags, doing the Nazi salute. Free speech. However offensive I find it.

DrMom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:24 am
I'm confused. The White House condemned this horrific act as soon as it occurred.

anon for this

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:44 am
DrMom wrote:
I'm confused. The White House condemned this horrific act as soon as it occurred.

Yes, Trump's statement called it an "egregious display of hatred, violence, and bigotry, on many sides". I and many others found it concerning that Trump referred to the terrorist attack on a group of people peacefully walking as a display of hatred "on many sides" and that he declined to denounce the neo-Nazi ideology. Others, such as The Daily Stormer, cheered his remarks, concluding, "He loves us all". A later tweet referred to condemning hate but again declined to call out a specific ideology or group.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:46 am
anon for this wrote:
Yes, Trump's statement called it an "egregious display of hatred, violence, and bigotry, on many sides". I and many others found it concerning that Trump referred to the terrorist attack on a group of people peacefully walking as a display of hatred "on many sides" and that he declined to denounce the neo-Nazi ideology. Others, such as The Daily Stormer, cheered his remarks, concluding, "He loves us all". A later tweet referred to condemning hate but again declined to call out a specific ideology or group.

But when hamas was shooting rockets at Israel and Obama called for restraint on both "sides", did you get equally upset?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:47 am
DrMom wrote:

The White House condemned the "hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides. Many sides."

What other side was there, other than the white supremacists who came with sticks and shields and whatever else, and used them? What sort of equivalence was he setting up?

Other Republicans called him out for it, and rightly so.

"Praying for those hurt & killed today in Charlottesville. This is nothing short of domestic terrorism & should be named as such.... Mr. President - we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism." Cory Gardner (R-Colo).

"Very important for the nation to hear @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists" Marco Rubio (R-Florida)

"We should call evil by its name. My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home. -OGH." Orrin Hatch (R-Utah)

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:50 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
But when hamas was shooting rockets at Israel and Obama called for restraint on both "sides", did you get equally upset?

I have no problem with restraint on both sides. In fact, I think that there needs to be restraint on both sides here. Violence should not beget violence.

I have a problem calling the shooting of the rockets justified, or condemning Israel.

But how about you? Have you made plans to attend a rally against the terrorism in Charlottesville? And if not, will you agree that there's nothing wrong with an equivalence between Israel and Palestine with respect to terrorism?

chaiz

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:54 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

Oh totally. At this point, I have unfortunately become jaded so the rage is not the same. But definitely I would fume over his both sides nonsense.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:57 am
SixOfWands wrote:

But how about you? Have you made plans to attend a rally against the terrorism in Charlottesville? And if not, will you agree that there's nothing wrong with an equivalence between Israel and Palestine with respect to terrorism?

Maybe I'm a little slow today, but I'm not sure what you are asking me here.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:58 am
chaiz wrote:
Oh totally. At this point, I have unfortunately become jaded so the rage is not the same. But definitely I would fume over his both sides nonsense.

Well then I have no beef with you. I can't stand hypocrites, though.

DrMom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:58 am
But, the White House made their statement before it was known who the perpetrator was.

At the time it was not clear if the car-rammer was a White Nationalist lunatic or a violent Antifa leftist.

I read the statenent and do not see the problem.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:02 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Maybe I'm a little slow today, but I'm not sure what you are asking me here.

Well, you said you don't like hypocrites. So I'm sure that you're condemning Trump's statement, much as you would a statement expressing equivalence of Israeli and Palestinian actions. And that you will be lending your voice to those of us who are horrified by Saturday's events.

So I'm looking forward to reading your unequivocal condemnation, and hearing about whatever protests you attend.

(I was already at a protest last night.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics