Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bar Mitzvah Invitation Help Needed!

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 3:22 pm
I am in the process of putting together my son's Bar Mitzvah invitation. I need some help with the inserts that accompany the invitation.

We have guests who will be staying in a hotel (non-frum family members). I plan to put a reply card with an insert giving all the hotel info. I'll also be including a card with times for the seudahs and Sunday brunch. I think that is all set.

The confusion is coming with what to send for those invited for full shabbos who will be staying in homes and those invited for the Bar Mitzvah lunch seudah after the kiddush, but not the full shabbos. I'm thinking to send basic reply cards and then inserts for either the full shabbos or lunch. Does that make sense? For the lunch, should I put the time and location...or is it just assumed it will be after the kiddush in the same location? I'd rather people send back the reply card rather than email.

Thank you!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 3:33 pm
are those who are invited just for shul and kiddush being asked to mail you a reply?

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
are those who are invited just for shul and kiddush being asked to mail you a reply?

OP here...no reply needed.

We have 4 groups of people.

1. People invited for shul and kiddush...no reply
2. People invited for shul, kiddush, and Bar Mitzvah seudah (Shabbos Lunch)-reply needed
3. People invited for full shabbos who will stay in at homes in the community-reply needed
4. People invited for full shabbos who will stay in hotel-reply needed

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 4:09 pm
if it doesn't cost too much extra - I would ask for printer to make 2 different reply cards. one for 2 and one for 3&4 (unless you need to know for certain that specific guests will be staying at the hotel you have selected).

and each of 2, 3, and 4 should have inserts with wording that makes sense. The wording for the lunch only guests would be something like - it's our pleasure to invite you to join our family for lunch at XYZ shul (or just "the shul") following kiddish (no time need).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics