Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Communities an hr from queens

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 10:34 pm
Dh just got a job in queens and I need ideas of.a community to move to with a.commute that will be not more than an hour. Our oldest kid is 4 so an up and coming area is.fine. my.budget for a house is 500k. We are a middle of the road yeshivish family and I am coming from oot and have no family nearby so I really want a place that has a sense of community where people are friendly and will notice a newcomer. What areas should I look into?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 10:48 pm
West Hempstead

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 10:50 pm
Inwood? The commute from 5 towns to queens is approximately 25-40 min (less when no traffic) and it's supposedly a very nice community. An offshoot of far Rockaway which would b good for you since you describe yourself as Yeshivish.
There are houses around 500 I think or maybe slightly more... I'm not from there but live in 5 towns so that's what I heard.

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 10:50 pm
East Meadow is an up-and-coming community. Its still very small, but growing.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 11:06 pm
miami85 wrote:
East Meadow is an up-and-coming community. Its still very small, but growing.

Isnt east meadow a chofetz chaim crowd- nothing against chofetz chaim but dh will not be.comfortable being the odd one out. We are not chofetz chaim.

tobi1k

Post Fri, Sep 01 2017, 1:45 pm
I currently live there, you are more then welcome to come visit us for a shabbos to check it out. You can come during the week as well.

miami85

Post Fri, Sep 01 2017, 1:50 pm
amother wrote:
Isnt east meadow a chofetz chaim crowd- nothing against chofetz chaim but dh will not be.comfortable being the odd one out. We are not chofetz chaim.

While I know that some people are originally from Chofetz Chaim, it is not specifically so, its just trying to be a "Shomer shabbos community close to Queens". I've visited there, it seems nice and suburban. If not for other personal cheshbonos, it seems like a nice place to live. Close to shopping, close enough to the conveniences of Queens and the 5 boros, but an "out of town feel" as well. The kids get transportation to Queens schools.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating