Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Shabbos Make up: spray foundation
1  2  Next

Rachelgreene

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 1:53 pm
Does anyone know if foundation in a spray is ok on shabbos?

Also, where I come from, make up is not allowed on shabbos, however here in America I see all these women in shul wearing all kinds of make up, and it does not look like they put it on before Shabbos the day before, does it mean there is Shabbos make up including eye make up and lipstick? (I thought that there was only blush/powder Shabbos make up)

Maya

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 2:07 pm
It's very possible that these women you see did put on their makeup before shabbos. There are many things out there that last for more than 24 hours, especially eye makeup.

Hannah!

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 2:07 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maya

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 2:10 pm
Hannah, I use a similar one, the CoverGirl Outlast, but it stays on even though I eat soup or oily foods. And it stays on till motzai shabbos.

faigie

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 3:57 pm
the issue with any makeup, spray on or not, lies with the melacha of tzoveah. it needs testing.
if you see all those ladies with fresh makeup on, including fresh lipcolor, they may just be unsing my line, which is approved for use ON shabbat by rav blumenkrantz Very Happy

amother

Post Sat, Oct 13 2007, 10:32 pm
faigie wrote:
the issue with any makeup, spray on or not, lies with the melacha of tzoveah. it needs testing.
if you see all those ladies with fresh makeup on, including fresh lipcolor, they may just be unsing my line, which is approved for use ON shabbat by rav blumenkrantz Very Happy

How does your makeup work? how is it allowed to be used on SHabbos?
Where can I buy it?

faigie

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 12:14 pm
The makeup is of a high mineral content, and has been literally tested, so that it dissolves in a certain way. This dissovency removes the issue of tzoveah. It'stested at least three times! ( by Rb Blumenkrantz zl, and later I worked with his son). It appears to be a powder, but it is in fact very high in mineral content with an anti-inflammatory component. YES, the materials can be used ALL over ones face, ON shabbat. It is my own line,I developed it, and you can IM me for info if youd like. Smile. ------I just noticed that you used anon, so my number is 718-677-3268.

Mevater

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 1:30 pm
faigie wrote:
Isn't it neccessary to get a new Hashgocho? Don't products 1-undergo formula change now and then, and 2-new ones get introduced, and 3-Hashgochos s/t rarely but sometimes change P'saks on a product depending on new scientific findings on a product?

faigie

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 2:43 pm
----good question, and yes products do undergo formulation changes. the last formulation change that I worked on, ( concerning the vitamin E in the product) occurred when the elder rav was so sick, he turned the work of investigation for my product, at that point over to his son. It is with him that I now go to ask questions etc.
Just as an aside. the rav was so sick for many years, but he always himself, gave me hashgacha, and let me tell you drilled me ever so often with questions. when he gave over the work to his son, I knew he was very very seriously sick. also, that was the only time he didnt close our conversation with a b'racha for me. my heart sank with the realization that this might be the end..

amother

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 3:07 pm
if you want to be a real kosher bas-isroel you should know theat there is no such a thing as shabbos make up!
ask any rov and you will see that no one with yiras-shomayim will allopw you to.

faigie

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 3:21 pm
.........maybe I misunderstood you, because such a statement is outlandish.....
are you implying CV that the Rav Blumenkrantz , both past and present are NOT baali yirat shamayim?
are you also implying that a women who follows their teaching and p'sakim is not a kosher bas Yisrael?
are you aware that the elder rav z'l was THE most prominent halacha teacher in any bais yaakov school in brooklyn, until only very recently?
and HEY! why are you so brazen as to besmearch the reputation of the Rav, both past and present, but you hide behind anon?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 3:48 pm
Did YOU or your daughter ever have skin so bad you were embarrased to leave your house?

lubcoralsprings

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 3:53 pm
I am just curious if you spray it on how do you even out? It doesn't require a quick shmear?

faigie

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 4:01 pm
to choc---- im a paramedical makeup artist, I deal with people in that situation all of the time
to lucoral- this makeup is applied with a clean brush. nothing fancy required.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 4:09 pm
faigie wrote:
to choc---- im a paramedical makeup artist, I deal with people in that situation all of the time

Faigie - I know YOU know what I'm talking about. I mean "others" who are so quick to judge...

faigie

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 4:12 pm
LOL ok duh hey on me choc.......Smile

amother

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 4:16 pm
Hey, anon who is blasting Shabbos make-up users...

ChocMousse has a good point...I suffer from acne and it is so difficult to be seen without a bit of makeup - it really does a number on my self-esteem.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 4:20 pm
We discussed this on h.com.

I think Shabbos makeup is great for:

Those women who need to go to the mikvah but can't be seen without makeup.

and

Those who have real blemish problems.

However, it's NOT so great for the girl or woman who just wants to paint her face all up - although there are Kosher for Shabbos eye shadows, I just don't think tha'ts so important..........

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 4:43 pm
I use the shabbos make up..

It's wonderful, and my skin is VERY sensitive, and breaks out constantly...

Considering I am single and looking for a shidduch, bad skin is not something that is goign to attract someone u know?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 7:47 pm
Faigie, can you please explain a bit more in detail how the make up is permissible for Shabbos
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions