Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wording for Benchers....Help!

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Sep 23 2017, 9:31 pm
What do you include on a Bar Mitzvah Bencher? We have name, Hebrew Date, Parsha, and English date. Is that too many lines? The proof looks nice, but I'm just wondering if it's too much!

Also, anyone know how to write the 2nd day of Rosh Chodesh in Hebrew? I copied what we put on the invitation, and I know it's correct, but for some reason it looks funny on the bencher!

BetsyTacy

Post Sat, Sep 23 2017, 9:45 pm
Too many lines usually make the bencher cover look crowded. People who keep a bencher as a momento want to have a vague idea of when the simcha took place. Three ways to date the simcha: English, Hebrew and parsha seem unnecessary. Look at your own bencher collection and decide which seem the most important to you.

simcha2

Post Sat, Sep 23 2017, 10:03 pm
2nd day of Rosh chodesh is always א` of the month. Don't think you need to specify it is the second day of Rosh chodesh. Either write the date, everyone will know it's Rosh chodesh. Or write Rosh chodesh month name. Gets too wordy otherwise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics