Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
All Natural-Hair Wigs Banned Again!
  Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15

AhavaRabbah

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:06 am
By the way, for the person who said that it's impossible to cover all the hair on the head, that's inaccurate, because all of my hair is cover as I type these words.

And hair on the neck is 100% permitted. It's only hair on the head that's not allowed to show.

happysmile1

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:07 am
Well, if we are covering our hair with the same wigs that Hollywood actresses are wearing to look provocative than something is definitely amiss here. The sheitel companies now sell wigs to frum women for "modesty" and they are also selling those same wigs to models and actresses for glamour- that is glaringly hypocritical.

AhavaRabbah

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:10 am
SixOfWands wrote:
(1) Hollywood stars are hot
(2) They sometimes wear wigs
(3) Ergo we may not wear wigs

(1) Chrissy Metz and Jaime Alexander wore modest dresses to the Emmy Awards

(2) Chrissy Metz and Jaime Alexander are a Hollywood stars
(3) Since we may not dress like Hollywood stars, we may not wear modest dresses

These are not modest dresses for our standards! They are tight fitting, which the Poskim say is 100% forbidden.

Have you read their recent rulings? The Poskim say that wearing tight fitting clothing is tantamount to violating one of the three cardinal sins. Your post is a perfect example how one can take a twisted, unreal version of the truth and call it true.

Those dresses are forbidden for frum women to wear. open up any tznius sefer anywhere, and you will see what they write about tight fitting clothing.

happysmile1

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:16 am
This will help all the women who are claiming their nice natural wig is part of their mesorah:

From Adorned with Dignity, pg 84:

"I Have to Follow My Mesorah"

The yetzer hara will try to convince us that we cannot deviate from the tradition of our family, and we have to follow the practice of our mothers and grandmothers. Firstly, let us honestly ask ourselves, "What type of sheitel did my grandmother or great-grandmother wear? Was it as long, flowing, and natural-looking? Surely not; it was short, stiff, and wiggy-looking."

Secondly, if we truly yearn for truth, we need only go back a few generations until most of us will discover that either our great-grandmother, great-great-grandmother, or a previous ancestor wore a kerchief as a head-covering instead of a sheitel. In truth, this head-covering dates all the way back to Sarah Imeinu. As mentioned earlier, this tradition was broken due to the horrors of the Holocaust and the modernization of some communities.

When a woman upgrades her level of covering the head, she brings nachas to Hashem and to her deceased ancestors in Shamayim. This will serve as as an aliyas neshamah for her grandparents and as a zechus for her and her family"

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:17 am
AhavaRabbah wrote:
These are not modest dresses for our standards! They are tight fitting, which the Poskim say is 100% forbidden.

Have you read their recent rulings? The Poskim say that wearing tight fitting clothing is tantamount to violating one of the three cardinal sins. Your post is a perfect example how one can take a twisted, unreal version of the truth and call it true.

Those dresses are forbidden for frum women to wear. open up any tznius sefer anywhere, and you will see what they write about tight fitting clothing.

You clearly lack a sense of humor.

But FTR, Chrissy Metz's dress was not tight.

AhavaRabbah

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:19 am
SixOfWands wrote:
You clearly lack a sense of humor.

But FTR, Chrissy Metz's dress was not tight.

You bet it was! You can see the exact shape of her chest. That is tight fitting, according to the laws of tnius. The shape of the body needs to be concealed, not outlined.

happysmile1

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:21 am
I chas vashalom never said that anyones grandmother will burn in Gehenim- our grandmothers were most definitely moser nefesh to wear the short stiff and wiggy wigs that they wore (my grandmother wore one of those wigs too)- halevai we should wear those same wigs today. (Rav Elyashiv did say that a tichel is more ideal than even the wiggiest wig, he only allowed the wigs from 100 years ago)

I merely quoted what a huge Gadol said about sheitels. The Baba Sali was a giant- those were his words, not mine.

going-up

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:24 am
AhavaRabbah wrote:
By the way, for the person who said that it's impossible to cover all the hair on the head, that's inaccurate, because all of my hair is cover as I type these words.

And hair on the neck is 100% permitted. It's only hair on the head that's not allowed to show.

Ditto here. Fully covered in a tichel as I type. (Wrap style tichel)

saw50st8

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:26 am
AhavaRabbah wrote:

I know, every woman who wears a tichel says this. The hair on your head (not neck hair, but from your head at the back of your neck) is considered to be erva the same way the hair in the front is and when you move your head, sometimes a tichel shifts. Sometimes it shifts in the front. I know some people are lenient with the wisps of hair around the ears too, otherwise they would have to cover their ears in order to actually conceal all the small pieces of hair. I've seen this from many, many women who only wear tichels because they think sheitels are assur. It is vastly easier to keep all your hair covered in a sheitel than a tichel, especially if your sheitel is shoulder length and has bangs.

going-up

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:27 am
Regarding the Mesora thing. Reminds me of when my grandmother first saw me in a tichel and asked me about it. My answer to her was that her wig I would wear. The only problem is for my age group the wrap makes me feel more comfortable then I would in her wig.

going-up

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:31 am
saw50st8 wrote:
I know, every woman who wears a tichel says this. The hair on your head (not neck hair, but from your head at the back of your neck) is considered to be erva the same way the hair in the front is and when you move your head, sometimes a tichel shifts. Sometimes it shifts in the front. I know some people are lenient with the wisps of hair around the ears too, otherwise they would have to cover their ears in order to actually conceal all the small pieces of hair. I've seen this from many, many women who only wear tichels because they think sheitels are assur. It is vastly easier to keep all your hair covered in a sheitel than a tichel, especially if your sheitel is shoulder length and has bangs.

The same Sefer that people on this thread are accusing of being extreme (rabbi Falks sefer) clearly states hair of the neck is not considered ervah. The same goes for hair below the temples I.e. sideburns. All my hair of the head is concealed in my tichel. My neck hair may not be but neither is the hair on my arms.

And no it does not shift during the day. With the right tools (velvet headband/shaper) the hair can be completely covered all day.

Last edited by going-up on Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

ally

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:32 am
AhavaRabbah wrote:

Any "posek" who says tight fitting clothing is "tantamount" to three cardinal sins clearly has no understanding of Halacha.

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:38 am
AhavaRabbah wrote:

Ok, now I truly believe the three of you are troll trolling us. Wow. You really had is going there for a while.

going-up

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:44 am
chavamom wrote:
Ok, now I truly believe the three of you are troll trolling us. Wow. You really had is going there for a while.

Why not report us then?
Page 15 of 15   Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15 Recent Topics