Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Wic eligibility (Lakewood)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 12:04 pm
I pay taxes on my wages, but because my employer is just a one man show, I just get a check - no pay stub. My understanding had been that I'd need to get a letter to apply for WIC and I'm embarrassed to do that. My children are eligible for Medicaid (NJ Fam Care A). I saw on the WIC website, that Medicaid eligibility can be enough and then I won't need to show proof of income - does anyone have experience that that is the case?

TIA

Amarante

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 1:13 pm
How do you pay taxes? Doesn't he provide you with the appropriate form at the end of the year.

If you are actually on a payroll and your income is being reported, just ask him for the payroll records. You don't have to tell him what it's for as many entities require proof of income - the IRS, banks for loans etc.

Don't you have to provide some form of proof of income for Medicaid as well like a tax return?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 1:26 pm
If he doesn't 1099 you (why not, it takes 5 minutes), but you schedule C your income, I would think a tax return with your schedule C would be sufficient. If he W-2s you that's REALLY weird that you wouldn't be getting paystubs with your checks to show breakdown of what goes where.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 1:27 pm
Yes, I do pay taxes and I get a W2. I didn't think of that - I can probably use that to apply in Feb. Medicaid is ok with just my tax return even if I'm a few months after filing. WIC tends to be more nitpicky (or maybe it just feels like it because you are sitting there while they are examining your docs).

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 1:29 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, I do pay taxes and I get a W2. I didn't think of that - I can probably use that to apply in Feb. Medicaid is ok with just my tax return even if I'm a few months after filing. WIC tends to be more nitpicky (or maybe it just feels like it because you are sitting there while they are examining your docs).

When I was on WIC a tax return was enough, not just a W2 since they want to see total family income, not just yours. I think a Medicaid card was proof enough as well, but it's been a few years and I don't remember exactly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics