Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you think you’re prettier than airbrushed celebrities
Previous  1  2  3  4

glamourmom

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 10:41 am
amother wrote:
All of them? That’s not logical since they are often hired for their looks. It’s like saying most rocket scientists aren’t smart just ordinary.

I didn't say all. I said some. of course some celebs are really gorgeous, similar to regular people on the street. some are gorgeous without anything, some are average and some are gorgeous with makeup.
a lot of it is luck. there are some awesome singers that never make it big and then you have Selena Gomez who's singing is a bit above average but no great shakes and she's on the radio and all over. that's called luck.
besides, no one ever said celebs HAVE TO BE drop dead gorgeous. they are famous for their talent. being made up to look stunning is a perk of the job.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 11:26 am
glamourmom wrote:
I didn't say all. I said some. of course some celebs are really gorgeous, similar to regular people on the street. some are gorgeous without anything, some are average and some are gorgeous with makeup.
a lot of it is luck. there are some awesome singers that never make it big and then you have Selena Gomez who's singing is a bit above average but no great shakes and she's on the radio and all over. that's called luck.
besides, no one ever said celebs HAVE TO BE drop dead gorgeous. they are famous for their talent. being made up to look stunning is a perk of the job.

I agree with this completely. As many gorgeous celebrities as there are, there are just as many gorgeous people that are not celebrities.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 11:31 am
Sure! I'm already pretty, and with a few treatments a could look gorgeous!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 11:48 am
I have a very global concept of "beauty". I find beauty in Native Americans, Black people, Chinese people, all types. Every race and age has it's own type of beauty. It's not one single formula that you can boil down into a single celebrity.

I think I am very pretty, because I am my prettiest version of ME. I don't compare myself to others, so I get to be my own unique kind of pretty.

Right now, I want to grow up to be Iris Apfel. I think she's gorgeous!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 5:55 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Without makeup, celebrities look like the lady finding a ripe tomato next to you in the grocery store. You wouldn't even look twice at most of them.

http://www.thisisinsider.com/c.....na-29

Okay, so in every pair of pictures I looked at, the natural looked ten times better, at least to me. If I saw someone so airbrushed in person, I'd be a little unnerved.

And to answer the original question, yes. As can be seen from the link above, even un-airbrushed celebrities look prettier than their airbrushed doppelgängers. Those airbrushed photos cannot compete with un-airbrushed me. (In my completely non-subjective, unbiased, anonymous, and unverifiable opinion.) Smile

Water Stones

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:
The title says it all. Do you think that if you were in Hollywood with millions to spend on your looks, you’d look at least as good if not better than many celebrities?

I think my face is as good without millions to spend on it, but I wish I had their money to plastic surgery my stretch marks!

I'm not tall and no money can make me taller to be like them, so I can never look as good as them.

Optimystic

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:
The title says it all. Do you think that if you were in Hollywood with millions to spend on your looks, you’d look at least as good if not better than many celebrities?

This question can be answered objectively. G-d created each of us without airbrushing, so each of us, celebrity or not, looks prettier without airbrushing. Airbrushing (and cosmetic surgery and the selection of models for a particular figure or facial features and so forth) is for people who can't see others as clearly as G-d sees them.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:
Okay, so in every pair of pictures I looked at, the natural looked ten times better, at least to me. If I saw someone so airbrushed in person, I'd be a little unnerved.

And to answer the original question, yes. As can be seen from the link above, even un-airbrushed celebrities look prettier than their airbrushed doppelgängers. Those airbrushed photos cannot compete with un-airbrushed me. (In my completely non-subjective, unbiased, anonymous, and unverifiable opinion.) Smile

I just looked through the pictures. My final analysis.

Most of them looked awful without makeup.

Many of them don't look that great with makeup.

A few them looked pretty without makeup, but they didn't look gorgeous.

glamourmom

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 7:23 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I just looked through the pictures. My final analysis.

Most of them looked awful without makeup.

Many of them don't look that great with makeup.

A few them looked pretty without makeup, but they didn't look gorgeous.

totally. we say they look gorgeous without makeup cuz we know what they look like with and if they look decent without it we say they are gorgeous. like the pic of demi lovato etc.
it's okay but to say she looks gorgeous? that's a stretch.

relish

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 7:37 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I got out without makeup. I'm not wearing any right now😀 And when I do wear, it's extremely minimal. I'm no beauty queen, but I have good features, and if I was an actor they would make me up to look the best possible.

It's not that these actresses aren't pretty. They are pretty, just not necessarily absolutely gorgeous. There are plenty of people just as pretty as them. Making it in this business is a lot about luck, not just looks.

I met you IRL, and you are beautiful! You so do not need makeup to look pretty.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 7:42 pm
relish wrote:
I met you IRL, and you are beautiful! You so do not need makeup to look pretty.

Thank you! You're so sweet!

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 7:44 pm
glamourmom wrote:
totally. we say they look gorgeous without makeup cuz we know what they look like with and if they look decent without it we say they are gorgeous. like the pic of demi lovato etc.
it's okay but to say she looks gorgeous? that's a stretch.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I didn't think Demi lovato looked good at all. Not with makeup, not without.

I thought Vanessa hudgens looked great with and without.

glamourmom

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 7:50 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I didn't think Demi lovato looked good at all. Not with makeup, not without.

I thought Vanessa hudgens looked great with and without.

haha. there you go. I love Demi so I thought she looked good even without makeup. and I love her personality so that shines thru too. not such a fan of Vanessa...
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics