Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why can't we post anonymously in the recipe forum?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:14 pm
zaq wrote:
Me neither. And a “brisket” it what a mohel carries.

I just lol'd 😂

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:27 pm
A few weeks ago someone posted asking for a cholent recipe. Then I went to someone's house for Shabbos lunch and they served -- you guessed it -- cholent!! As if it weren't already obvious to me who the person was, when I complimented her cholent she told me she was trying out a new recipe. SO BUSTED!!! (Of course I had the class not to tell her I now knew her Imamother screen name and every secret about her).

Posting anonymous because if she reads this, she'll know that I know but at least she won't know my screen name.

ETA: OP, if you're actually serious please look into treating your paranoia and in the meantime maybe you can just google recipes or ask your butcher meat-related questions.

agreer

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:31 pm
It's for threads like these I wish there was a love button. MY, it's just getting funnier!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:34 pm
zaq wrote:
Me neither. And a “brisket” it what a mohel carries.

It actually took me a minute to get that.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:
A few weeks ago someone asked for a cholent recipe. Then I went to someone's house for Shabbos lunch and they served -- you guessed it -- cholent. As if it weren't already obvious to me who the person was, when I complimented the her cholent she told me she was trying out a new recipe. SO BUSTED!!! (Of course I had the class not to tell her I now knew every secret about her).

Posting anonymous because if she reads this, she'll know that I know but at least she won't know my screen name.

ETA: OP, if you're actually serious please look into treating your paranoia and in the meantime maybe you can just google recipes or ask your butcher meat-related questions.

Are you sure she wasn't trying to out you, by using an allegedly new recipe for cholent, so you would admit that you're online, even though it was really her grandma's recipe.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:39 pm
I feel that everyone is overthinking the ops need to post as an Ima.

The simplest answer etc etc...

Perhaps she is just concerned about her children's shidduch options?

InnerMe

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:46 pm
agreer wrote:
THIS THREAD IS HYSTERICAL!

I second that.
I'm rolling with each passing post. Love the humor break.

To OP- Hope this is not being offensive, and having fun on your account.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
A few weeks ago someone asked for a cholent recipe. Then I went to someone's house for Shabbos lunch and they served -- you guessed it -- cholent. As if it weren't already obvious to me who the person was, when I complimented the her cholent she told me she was trying out a new recipe. SO BUSTED!!! (Of course I had the class not to tell her I now knew every secret about her).

Cholent???? You don't say! I've just had someone ask me for my cholent recipe!! My G-d! This cannot be a mere coincidence! She said she was also asking others! So that must be it! Aha, so you're friends with my friend?

Oy, a shame you didn't post with your name, but alas with some more snooping I'll be able to BUST you without, your username.

rgr

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:50 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
It actually took me a minute to get that.

Took me even longer embarrassed

smile12345

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:51 pm
InnerMe wrote:
To OP- Hope this is not being offensive, and having fun on your account.

I think poor OP was hoping to get recipes from this thread. And you can't expect here to start a new thread for it in the recipe forum now... because then her anonymity will really be busted, for good this time Wink

Can someone actually tell me what this is?? I've never heard of it...

Last edited by smile12345 on Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

MagentaYenta wrote:

Obviously.

I mean, I don't care if dad is bipolar, or if mom danced the nekkid Watusi every Wednesday in Warsaw. But darned if I'm going to let my kids marry anyone whose mother can't make a decent roast.

thunderstorm

MagentaYenta wrote:

This! Gevald! She serves silver tip instead of flanken...now that puts her in a category where the "top boy or girl" won't even "look" at her kids resumes. So sad. Such tzaros in the world.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 3:02 pm
smile12345 wrote:
I think poor OP was hoping to get recipes from this thread. And you can't expect here to start a new thread for it in the recipe forum now... because then her anonymity will really be busted, for good this time Wink

Can someone actually tell me what this is?? I've never heard of it...

Silver tip roast is cut from the shoulder, making it a favorite of kosher cooks. It is also a lean and relatively inexpensive cut of beef, endearing it to smart cooks, kosher or not. Most deli-sliced roast beef you purchase is made from a silver tip beef cut.

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 4:33 pm
just google a pot roast recipe.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 4:37 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Obviously.

I mean, I don't care if dad is bipolar, or if mom danced the nekkid Watusi every Wednesday in Warsaw. But darned if I'm going to let my kids marry anyone whose mother can't make a decent roast.

I believe that zaq told that story about a family member years ago, I'm pretty sure it happened in Minsk.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 4:39 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Silver tip roast is cut from the shoulder, making it a favorite of kosher cooks. It is also a lean and relatively inexpensive cut of beef, endearing it to smart cooks, kosher or not. Most deli-sliced roast beef you purchase is made from a silver tip beef cut.

And since its usually cooked with liquid, I don't see why it couldn't be cooked on the range instead of the oven.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 5:29 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I believe that zaq told that story about a family member years ago, I'm pretty sure it happened in Minsk.

A lot you know. It was the sockless samba on Sundays in Slabodka.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 7:44 pm
This is the first I'm hearing of a silver-tipped rose. Say which area of the globe do they grow?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 8:10 pm
zaq wrote:
A lot you know. It was the sockless samba on Sundays in Slabodka.

Was that the woman who was the Tsar's mistress?

InnerMe

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
This is the first I'm hearing of a silver-tipped rose. Say which area of the globe do they grow?

And there you go... underhandedly trying to BUST Op's location!

And was it a rose we were talking about? I thought were talking about some kinda meat! My bad! But if it's a rose.. please do say were they grow. A silver rose nonetheless! Ya know like in the story of the king with the gold garden...
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics