Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why can't we post anonymously in the recipe forum?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

InnerMe

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:09 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Well I guess I won't be shopping in the "Silver Tip Roast on Sale Store" anymore then. Or maybe I will. You will never know.

Well.. Sorry, too little, too late. Ha, ha!!! You are already BUSTED!! My job is done in that supermarket, you can shop in a different supermarket, but please do let us know when silver celery or salmon is on sale so your BUSTED ima friends can enjoy the sale too. (and of course .. BUST them)

giselle

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:09 pm
Boca00 wrote:
That is SUCH a good point. It seems that signing up for imamother automatically has that affect on people...

Oh no can’t believe I’ve been posting under my username this whole time! What an obvious giveaway!

Boca00

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:11 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Well.. Sorry, too little, too late. Ha, ha!!! You are already BUSTED!! My job is done in that supermarket, you can shop in a different supermarket, but please do let us know when silver celery or salmon is on sale so your BUSTED ima friends can enjoy the sale too. (and of course .. BUST them)

Haha not yet! You missed my post where I said I'm going into Exile, so there.

SYA

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:11 pm
Back to OP - I've made a silver tipped roast. It's not as fatty and if done right can be really good.

In a pot sauté onions, carrots, and peppers. Add the meat to the pot. There should be very little oil. Just enough it shouldn't burn. Leave it on a medium flame for about 10 minutes. (If it's "cooking" too strong and will burn then lower the flame. While it's being sautéed sprinkle a bit of pinion and garlic powder on the top of the meat. The bottom of the meat should get dark brown and a little crispy. Then turn over the meat and "sauté for 10 minutes. Once ready add a cup (8 oz) of dry wine and fill the rest of the pot with water. Add a teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Lower the flame that it's bubbling softly (a low simmer) and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on size of roast.

Let it cool completely. Slice roast. Put it in a deep frying pan with a cover. If you don't have one then use a sauce pan. Let it boil and then let it simmer with small bubbles for 2 hours. At that point it is very soft, moist and tastes delicious.

Whenever I make it, there's never any leftovers. Everyone wants doubles and it gets finished quickly.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:14 pm
giselle wrote:
Impossible, always a diff disguise, and honestly you’d be paranoid too if everyone was out to get you.

Stop talking about me.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:16 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Oh MAN! I think we need a separate forum for imamothers who have been busted. ;(

ETA- Oh, wait. Don't add me to the forum yet. I haven't actually been busted. All I have to do is to go into exile, no biggie.

Oh well, Boca. We'll miss you round here. Was a pleasure to meet you and chat with you, hope you have find some other BUSTED friends in exile, so you have some company. Even though I caused it, I can still find sympathy for you in my heart.

Hey wait!!! I've got an awesome idea!!! Just get a new screename!!! Delete your past posts so noone can compare. Do not name your new one anything like like Boca111 or Silver Tip cuz of course that'll BUST you right away. (Trust me, tips from the pro.)

And remember you will anyhow once again be BUSTED.. but at least you can stick around for a bit more.

giselle

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:16 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Stop talking about me.

Haaaaaa I knew it was you! You walked right into it.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:17 pm
giselle wrote:
Haaaaaa I knew it was you! You walked right into it.

Haha, who has got whom???

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:19 pm
giselle wrote:
Impossible, always a diff disguise, and honestly you’d be paranoid too if everyone was out to get you.

Doesn't matter what you do, Giselle (or rather Gisele). I've seen you out with Tom Brady. No matter how you disguise yourself, I'd still recognize you!

Boca00

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:19 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Oh well, Boca. We'll miss you round here. Was a pleasure to meet you and chat with you, hope you have find some other BUSTED friends in exile, so you have some company. Even though I caused it, I can still find sympathy for you in my heart.

Hey wait!!! I've got an awesome idea!!! Just get a new screename!!! Delete your past posts so noone can compare. Do not name your new one anything like like Boca111 or Silver Tip cuz of course that'll BUST you right away. (Trust me, tips from the pro.)

And remember you will anyhow once again be BUSTED.. but at least you can stick around for a bit more.

Aha! You are a smart one. But I won't tell you if I am taking your advice or not. I am going to be MUCH more careful now. For all you know, the next post from Boca may very well be someone else... Exploding anger

giselle

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:21 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Doesn't matter what you do, Giselle (or rather Gisele). I've seen you out with Tom Brady. No matter how you disguise yourself, I'd still recognize you!

Wellll actually my username is connected to my real name somehow so now let’s see how good of a detective you really are. Something to keep you busy LOL

InnerMe

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:24 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Aha! You are a smart one. But I won't tell you if I am taking your advice or not. I am going to be MUCH more careful now. For all you know, the next post from Boca may very well be someone else... Exploding anger

Hmmmm.... I dare say.. You are quite clever.

giselle

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 10:24 pm
Thanks for all the laughs friends! Really needed that!

Boca00

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 10:36 pm
giselle wrote:
Thanks for all the laughs friends! Really needed that!

Haha same here!! Such good comic relief. Now excuse me while I go make my silver tip roast for Shabbos...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 10:42 pm
Boca00 wrote:

, no biggie.

Did you actually catch sight of the mohel's brisket ?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 10:48 pm
SYA wrote:
Back to OP - I've made a silver tipped roast. It's not as fatty and if done right can be really good.

In a pot sauté onions, carrots, and peppers. Add the meat to the pot. There should be very little oil. Just enough it shouldn't burn. Leave it on a medium flame for about 10 minutes. (If it's "cooking" too strong and will burn then lower the flame. While it's being sautéed sprinkle a bit of pinion and garlic powder on the top of the meat. The bottom of the meat should get dark brown and a little crispy. Then turn over the meat and "sauté for 10 minutes. Once ready add a cup (8 oz) of dry wine and fill the rest of the pot with water. Add a teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Lower the flame that it's bubbling softly (a low simmer) and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on size of roast.

Let it cool completely. Slice roast. Put it in a deep frying pan with a cover. If you don't have one then use a sauce pan. Let it boil and then let it simmer with small bubbles for 2 hours. At that point it is very soft, moist and tastes delicious.

Whenever I make it, there's never any leftovers. Everyone wants doubles and it gets finished quickly.
Since you don't mind posting with your name, maybe you should start a thread in the recipes section with this info and it can be tagged as a recipe. I'm sure OP will like the post, even if she can't post a thank you there Wink

Boca00

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
Did you actually catch sight of the mohel's brisket ?

I can't say, unfortunately. I have learned the hard way that I need to be way more careful not to out myself.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 11:07 pm
SYA wrote:

Thank you!!!

Now I will have to freeze the silver tip roast and cook it when this thread has died down and been forgotten because if I cook it for this Shabbos and any imamothers in my neighborhood hear about it I will be BUSTED. But not really because no one knows my imamother name so I am still safe. Whew!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 11:10 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Since you don't mind posting with your name, maybe you should start a thread in the recipes section with this info and it can be tagged as a recipe. I'm sure OP will like the post, even if she can't post a thank you there Wink

I already liked the post in this section. But SYA should post in the recipe section for all the imamothers who also bought silver tip roast today and need a recipe and haven't found this thread yet.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 11:13 pm
zaq wrote:
Me neither. And a “brisket” it what a mohel carries.

Ha! Okay, I didn’t get it until it suddenly clicked just now. The wheels are turning slowly tonight...
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics