Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Will you still take Uber?
1  2  Next

mazelandbracha

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:44 pm
I never felt comfortable with uber. It's a stranger and I didn't think there was a good way to make sure it was safe. Now I hear the terrorist in NY yesterday was an uber driver! The news said there were no complaints about him as a driver, but now he's banned from driving for uber. NOW he's banned from driving!!! shock Can't say that makes me feel safe! So...will you still feel safe taking uber? Sending your kids with uber? Just curious.

Maya

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:45 pm
Will you still walk on the street after all the fatal accidents involving pedestrians?

mazelandbracha

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:48 pm
Not the same thing. Lightning could strike, too. This is willfully getting into a car with a total stranger. I wouldn't hitchhike. Or take an Arab taxi.

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:48 pm
Yes- I would still take an Uber.

Boca00

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:52 pm
I will continue to use uber. Not at night or in a dangerous neighborhood- just like I've been doing till now.

It's no more dangerous or risky than taking a taxi or flying a plane.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:55 pm
Uber just came to my town and I'm loving it. I'm not giving it up now.

mommish613

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:56 pm
I've always had my reservations about Uber- never personally had the need to use one although DH uses them when he's out of town. I guess all the "what if" fears that play out in my brain definitely seem legitimate now and from other stories I've heard. I would be comfortable taking a cab in NYC, though, I feel like there's more accountability there.

Zehava

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:03 pm
With uber since dh and I both have the app we can track each other's cars in real time. We have the license plate, picture of the driver, and car model. Tell me again how an NYC cab is safer?

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:08 pm
Why is uber any less safe than a yellow cab or any other car service? They also require you to get in a car with a total stranger. In fact I once had a mildly terrorizing trip with a yellow cab driver who not long after I got in started talking oddly. Then I noticed all the bizarre post-it notes all over the cab. Soon as he got off the highway onto local streets I had him drop me off and I took mass transit the rest of the way.

unexpected

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:28 pm
Never took uber or yellow cab. I don't see how it's safe for a woman to get into a car with a random stranger

imasoftov

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:48 pm
Stephen Paddock is described by Wikipedia as "a real-estate investor, property manager, accountant and avid gambler" so it would be best to avoid anyone who is any of those until investigators learn which, of any of those incidental details are risks for killing 58 people and injuring 546.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:27 pm
I would still take Uber. It shows you who the driver is and you have a chance to cancel.
I would not go with a muslim driver.

petiteruchy

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:32 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Stephen Paddock is described by Wikipedia as "a real-estate investor, property manager, accountant and avid gambler" so it would be best to avoid anyone who is any of those until investigators learn which, of any of those incidental details are risks for killing 58 people and injuring 546.

In fact, I won't talk to or go any where with any white man. We've got to figure out why they keep killing innocent strangers.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:38 pm
My dd uses Uber and I cringe each time she tells me about her rides.
I use Lyft and have been very satisfied 99% of the time. I use them 2-6 trips a week.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:49 pm
I use Uber. I get all kind of drivers. I do not feel comfortable sitting alone in a car with them. But I do it anyways. I am edgy until my destination.

wow

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 10:35 pm
amother wrote:
My dd uses Uber and I cringe each time she tells me about her rides.
I use Lyft and have been very satisfied 99% of the time. I use them 2-6 trips a week.

Why would you assume one is safer than the other ? In fact, most drivers work for multiple companies like Juno, Uber and Lyft.

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 10:41 pm
wow wrote:
Why would you assume one is safer than the other ? In fact, most drivers work for multiple companies like Juno, Uber and Lyft.

This.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 10:43 pm
Are you shocked? I mean every second uber driver's name is Mohammed.
No!!!!!!!

icebreaker

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 10:54 pm
I don't use Uber that much anyway, but yeah I'll still use it.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 11:08 pm
wow wrote:

I have had positive experiences with Lyft. That's all I'm saying. The drivers tell me their Lyft clientele is different than their Uber clientele. If you investigate both how Uber and Lyft operate you will begin to understand what I'm talking about. I've done some investigating myself.
For example, look at the hiring process of drivers for Uber and Lyft.
Look at the policy re cars. Who purchases the car. Too time consuming to spell it out now, as I gotta go.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics