Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What difference does it make?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 10:45 am
We lost a car. It wasn't our fault and insurance is going to compensate is for the value of the car. Before they do, they need a letter from the place that junked it stating how much they're compensating us for the scrap, because they will deduct that amount from their compensation. The guy from the shop said they couldn't salvage anything. Dh is upset and insists we got ripped off. I say what's the difference? Let's say the insurance was going to give us 10K and the scrap guys say they can give us 500. So that means the insurance will give us 9.5K and the scrap guys gives us 500, so we get 10K. If the scrap guys give us nothing, then the insurance gives us the full 10K. So either way it's the same amount. So why does dh care that the scrap guys aren't paying us? Is there something I'm missing here?

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 10:48 am
amother wrote:
We lost a car. It wasn't our fault and insurance is going to compensate is for the value of the car. Before they do, they need a letter from the place that junked it stating how much they're compensating us for the scrap, because they will deduct that amount from their compensation. The guy from the shop said they couldn't salvage anything. Dh is upset and insists we got ripped off. I say what's the difference? Let's say the insurance was going to give us 10K and the scrap guys say they can give us 500. So that means the insurance will give us 9.5K and the scrap guys gives us 500, so we get 10K. If the scrap guys give us nothing, then the insurance gives us the full 10K. So either way it's the same amount. So why does dh care that the scrap guys aren't paying us? Is there something I'm missing here?

Sometimes people just get upset about the principle of things. Perhaps your DH feels the scrap guys are taking advantage & should pay something.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics