Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Would you give your kids chocolate milk...
Previous  1  2

imasoftov

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:01 am
Ruchel wrote:
That's the liberal NY opinion, we know, we know. The rest of the world, and the past generations, disagree. Can you at least be, like, nice?

I learn so much on this site about things I didn't previously know that I had to believe. Maybe these instructions appeared in the middle of the classified ads of the New York Times so I always skipped them.

frumPA

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:34 am
One of my sons wont drink plain milk only choc milk. But I pour reg milk in cup and add a drop of choc syrup. I think its better he has abit of syrup but drinks it rather than not at all. I do same with yogurt. My kids only eat the M&M yogurts. Yes its candy but it gets them to eat yogurt which is helathy.....

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:20 am
My kids leave early in the morning and don't always feel up to eating yet, plus at the moment it's cold and dark when they leave - thoroughly miserable. They know that when it's dark when they leave, they get warm chocolate milk in the morning. It's protein, I make it with cocoa powder and sugar - no need for corn syrup or colorings from syrups! - and I know that they've had something before they left the house, and they're in a better mood, definite win.

miami85

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:30 am
I at least try to find a chocolate additive that is vitamin fortified--like Ovaltine. According to the Torah milk is an acceptable nutritive source for humans--"Chalav u'devash"--we have mitzvos regarding "basar b'chalav". The extent that humans NEED milk is debatable, I hated milk as a kid, nowadays I only have it with cereal or in my coffee, but my kids overall crave milk so I can't complain.

pizzapie

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 12:13 pm
My pediatrician actually recommends adding a bit a chocolate syrup if that's the only way kids will drink milk. Otherwise I would find it very difficult for them to actually ingest calcium.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking