Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Is my baby really hard
Previous  1  2

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
Sensory not wanting to be dressed or diaper changed. Seeking out stimuli with touch.
She's unhappy, crying every 5 minutes.
Does she startle from noise? How is her eating? How is her grip, strength?

When she was a baby she startled easily and couldn't calm down. I definitely considered that she has sensory issues just not enough to do something about it. Also I didn't relate her wanting everything she sees to sensory.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 11:58 am
amother wrote:
She is a blog snacker. Does not eat big meals. I try to at least give her healthy foods. I don't know how to get her to eat big meals. She wakes up in the mor and wants a banana. Than a little later a piece of cheese. When we all sit down to eat she will eat some eggs etc. . She is in a playgroup and eats a few snacks and lunch. Than at 5:00 she wants a few bites than at 6:00 etc. .but never eats a big supper. Maybe this is just her. .?

she sounds sensory and please have her evaluated by early intervention.
Even though she is behaving how other kids her age behave, it is the intensity, excessiveness of the behavior that can make her an especially challenging child. Hatzlocha raba in finding the right help!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 12:03 pm
amother wrote:
she sounds sensory and please have her evaluated by early intervention.
Even though she is behaving how other kids her age behave, it is the intensity, excessiveness of the behavior that can make her an especially challenging child. Hatzlocha raba in finding the right help!

I. forgot that she hates baths. Will look into it

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 1:20 pm
Definitely have her evaluatedaughter for ot/sensory.
Bath issues, crying at diaper change. Her erratic eating habits.....

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:
It sounds like she can use some help from early intervention. It takes a lot of advocating and knowing what to ask for to get help from them. Can you hire an advocate to help you with a case to try to get her services for OT and the like?

Why do you have to hire an advocate? Try to obtain services first before spending money where it likely doen't have to be spent.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 8:49 pm
manhattanmom wrote:
Why do you have to hire an advocate? Try to obtain services first before spending money where it likely doen't have to be spent.

EI doesn't treat sensory issues unless there are other delays. OP doesn't have the energy to figure out where else her baby is lacking and what to ask for or how to show why the baby needs services.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 10:19 pm
How is she in playgroup? What does the teacher say? Does she nap nicely there? Ask for snacks? Cry?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics