Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby girl 4 months private part "discharge"!

Water Stones

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:22 pm
I changed my baby's diaper and when I cleaned her I saw a little bit white like almost clear white "discharge" on her vulva. I didnt want to panick so I said I'll see next diaper change. I just did it. I didn't see it, so I got calm and Google it. It said its natural in girl babies??

I have an older girl toddler and I never saw that.
Can google be correct that it's just natural for some infant baby girls?

I never heard of this. Please help me.

gibberish

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:24 pm
Completely normal. It's caused by your hormones and should stop by the time you finish nursing, if not earlier.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:26 pm
Never saw it with my two daughters, but I seem to remember reading about it being normal in one of my books way back when. Plus google searches tend to tell you any symptom means you're dying, so if they say it's normal it's a very good sign. Call your ped tomorrow just for peace of mind.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:32 pm
I also remember hearing it's normal.

Water Stones

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
Never saw it with my two daughters, but I seem to remember reading about it being normal in one of my books way back when. Plus google searches tend to tell you any symptom means you're dying, so if they say it's normal it's a very good sign. Call your ped tomorrow just for peace of mind.

Omg thank you! I didn't google first because I was afraid. Then when I didn't see it now I got brave to research that. Some said yeast infection on my nipples but my nipples are ok I think, and some said natural but some said it's very bad that she's infection!

Water Stones

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:35 pm
gibberish wrote:
Completely normal. It's caused by your hormones and should stop by the time you finish nursing, if not earlier.

Thank you!!

Water Stones

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:36 pm
post twice by mistake

Last edited by Water Stones on Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Water Stones

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
I also remember hearing it's normal.

Thank you because I never heard of this or saw it with my first girl.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 9:07 pm
My daughter had a drop of bloody discharge as a newborn. The doctors told me this was normal and caused by my own hormones. There are even baby girls who secret drops of breastmilk. This is fascinating to me because of the immaturely developed organs involved; I have yet to read into this to see how exactly it happens.

gibberish

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 9:10 pm
tigerwife wrote:
My daughter had a drop of bloody discharge as a newborn. The doctors told me this was normal and caused by my own hormones. There are even baby girls who secret drops of breastmilk. This is fascinating to me because of the immaturely developed organs involved; I have yet to read into this to see how exactly it happens.

And fyi, it's also normal for baby boys to develop small breasts with breastmilk. It took almost a year for my son's breasts to disappear.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 10:32 pm
It is normal. My daughter just had it and I asked my pediatrician.

sequoia

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 10:34 pm
Normal. A mommy blogger I follow just wrote a few days ago that it’s one of the reasons new mothers worry, even though it is completely normal.

Water Stones

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 7:58 pm
The doctor called back to me this afternoon after my message and he said it's normal from how I described. He told me how to watch for amount, frequency and change of thinness to thickness of discharge. And we'll talk more on her well baby visit in 2 weeks, but that he's sure nothing is wrong.

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics