Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
I lost my patience and snapped at her :(

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 7:56 am
I consider myself a patient mother for the most part. I try not to raise my voice unjustly and to always disciple in a calm way.
But B"H I just had a baby and I am more overwhelmed than ever.
I was baking cookies with my 4 year old and My baby was fussy and I was trying to juggle them both...
I was way snappier than usual and I feel really bad.
Do you apoligize to your kid when that happens? do you explain? Do you just move on and hope to do better next time?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 8:24 am
If it's out of character and unfair I apologise. But can I question ur decision to bake cookies after birth? Idk if ur supermom type of person but in this case u might wonder if it was justified considering what happened. Whenever we have a chaotic situation at home big or small, my dh and I review what led to it and what to change for the future. Even if we havta give up on things that make us look or feel good about ourselves. A calm home is definitely top priority

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 8:31 am
I like your response. I guess I am having a hard time changing by attitude.
I also feel so bad for my four year old that so many things never happen these days because I am so preoccupied with her new sister. I guess thats why I felt the need to make cookies with her (It has become a chanuka tradition)

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 9:15 am
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers