Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How much do you spend on each kid’s clothing per season?

thegiver

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 11:35 pm
In each age category (infant preschool child teen) ...whats your budget that you accrue for each kid for clothing?
If youre looking to shop budget wheres the best places to look? Whats considered a good decent price. I sometimes look at stores and see $$ amounts that shock me for the smallest items.
I mean everything: clothes, shoes, undergarments, stockings. Shabbat clothes.

And how much do you allot to yourself per year? Im looking at my closet and noticing I have an increasing number of shabbat and yom tov clothes but never spend on myself for weekday clothes. And im constantly outgrowing my size so that doesnt help Sad

I think if I have a budget set aside for it, itll be easier to spend it when the need arises. Thanks!

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Dec 23 2017, 11:54 pm
My baby I spend a lot on.
$1000- weekday clothes
$500- shabbos clothes
$100- winter coat
$90- weekday shoes
$90- shabbos shoes
Then there’s undershirts, pajamas, accessories....

My big ones are probably about
$300 for weekday wardrobe
$100 coat
$130- Tzitzis and underwear
$100 yarmulkes
$800- shabbos clothes
$80-shabbos coat
$100- shabbos shoes
$100-weekday shoes
$80- sports clothes
$80- pajamas

Then there’s also crocs, natives, sweatshirts, boots, snow pants, socks, and who knows what else.....
Basically, id rather now know.

With my big ones, it’s also harder to tell because some of their things they can wear for pretty long. For example, I spent about $800 on my 11 year old last pesach but it all fit him this succos so I didn’t get him anything new.

Purple2

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 12:06 am
My budget is similar to mommy32b but she left out boots- uggs can be around 200$ plus waterproof boots like hunters.
Kids like a few diff types of sneakers.
Headbands

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 12:11 am
camp wrote:
My budget is similar to mommy32b but she left out boots- uggs can be around 200$ plus waterproof boots like hunters.
Kids like a few diff types of sneakers.
Headbands

I only have boys😀

And I thought of uggs, but so far I don’t buy my baby this season. I don’t buy any of them boots yet. And we are going snow tubing tomorrow 😬

mha3484

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 12:15 am
I would say I spend between 300-500 each kid. I have all boys. I shop as cheap as I can.

dina125

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 12:44 am
I get a lot of hand me downs from relatives and friends and fill in the rest with shopping on sale. I'd say under $100 per kid per year.

unexpected

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 12:47 am
My daughters, about 200 a year, more if they need a new coat
My sons, about 500 including hats and shoes
For the record, my oldest daughter is 12 and does not yet have strong opinions on clothing
I live in Boro Park and do most of my shopping in the cheaper stores and only on 50% off or more
Most people I know shop like I do
For myself, I mostly spend on tights once a year, bras and underwear every other year and something new for a simcha. Here and there if I see something really nice for a good price I will buy it, maybe 100$ a year altogether
I do all my family's alterations myself
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics