Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Looking for a Jewish cleaning lady
1  2  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:06 am
I'm looking for a Jewish women who would be willing to work for me as a cleaning lady.
I don't like having my non Jewish lady around schmoozing with my kids. Job would include organizing my messy house. Helping find a place for things that don't have one. Laundry. And cleaning floors and bathroom once a week. I live in Lakewood. Willing to pay $11 an hour. Can also be a high school girl that's good at cleaning. After school hours. If you know anyone please let me know.
Thanks

Cookie Monster

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:09 am
OP, I just wanted to make you aware that $11 is below the going rate for this job. If you want someone to apply for the job you probably have to offer more.

crust

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:18 am
amother wrote:
I'm looking for a Jewish women who would be willing to work for me as a cleaning lady.
I don't like having my non Jewish lady around schmoozing with my kids. Job would include organizing my messy house. Helping find a place for things that don't have one. Laundry. And cleaning floors and bathroom once a week. I live in Lakewood. Willing to pay $11 an hour. Can also be a high school girl that's good at cleaning. After school hours. If you know anyone please let me know.
Thanks

The "minimum" I heard someone paying for this is $15 an hour plus transportation. This excludes washing floors or toilets.
$20 an hour is regular.

Good luck in finding someone!

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:21 am
The last I checked, the going rate for cleaning help in Lakewood was $13 an hour and transportation provided. (I don't know if that's the standard but that's how much all my relatives pay.)

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:25 am
amother wrote:
Thanks

Good Luck, OP.....

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 10:27 am
Alternatively - hire someone who will clean, and not waste time talking to your children.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
Alternatively - hire someone who will clean, and not waste time talking to your children.

Yeah, I was going to say, Jewish or not, I would not want my cleaning help shmoozing rather than cleaning.

Shoshana37

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 11:49 am
How can I get a cleaning lady for every other Friday. Is there a phone number for agency in Brooklyn Flatbush area.
I had cleaning help but they don’t always come on Friday they rather go to people who call them few times a week. I can’t afford that

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 11:58 am
Shoshana37 wrote:
How can I get a cleaning lady for every other Friday. Is there a phone number for agency in Brooklyn Flatbush area.
I had cleaning help but they don’t always come on Friday they rather go to people who call them few times a week. I can’t afford that

Home clean home 718-336-3280

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 12:12 pm
I was paying 10 until now. Just started paying $12 per hour today. I would pay $12 if I find someone here. Don't know anyone here paying $20 an hr.

Zehava

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 12:18 pm
amother wrote:
I was paying 10 until now. Just started paying $12 per hour today. I would pay $12 if I find someone here. Don't know anyone here paying $20 an hr.

Who do you know that has a Jewish cleaning lady for 12$ an hour?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 12:21 pm
Zehava wrote:
Who do you know that has a Jewish cleaning lady for 12$ an hour?

Don't have someone Jewish now. Don't know of a Jewish cleaning lady. Trying to find one.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 12:26 pm
My son does home and office cleaning :-)
He washes floors and bathrooms too. He leaves my kitchen sparkling clean!
I don't know about organizing mess though.
And his starting rate is 15 an hour.
And he's in Brooklyn.
Unusual, I know. But a yid's got to do what a yid's got to do.

Zehava

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 12:38 pm
amother wrote:
Don't have someone Jewish now. Don't know of a Jewish cleaning lady. Trying to find one.

You said you don’t know anyone who pays 20$ well that’s because you don’t know anyone who has a Jewish cleaning lady.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 12:39 pm
Zehava wrote:
You said you don’t know anyone who pays 20$ well that’s because you don’t know anyone who has a Jewish cleaning lady.

Is that how much they charge? Do you know of Jewish cleaning ladies?

Shoshana37

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 1:01 pm
amother wrote:
Home clean home 718-336-3280

Thank you, wow they want a lot of money.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 1:20 pm
Scarlet, I live near Lakewood and come in a few times a week anyway, so I would like to help you. I would consider under very specific conditions, including meeting you first to see if we can work together, and my anonymity being preserved, among others. Please let me know if you want me to pm you (I also need to speak with my husband to let him know I am considering this, and get his haskamah, before I pm you )

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 1:35 pm
amother wrote:
Scarlet, I live near Lakewood and come in a few times a week anyway, so I would like to help you. I would consider under very specific conditions, including meeting you first to see if we can work together, and my anonymity being preserved, among others. Please let me know if you want me to pm you (I also need to speak with my husband to let him know I am considering this, and get his haskamah, before I pm you )

Sounds good

You can pm me at cleaninghelp65@gmail.com

Thanks!

DrMom

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 2:26 pm
Zehava wrote:

Why do you pay Jews more than non-Jews? Do they have extra kitchen responsibilities that you wouldn't assign to non-Jews due to kashrut concerns?

Delores

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 2:39 pm
DrMom wrote:
Why do you pay Jews more than non-Jews? Do they have extra kitchen responsibilities that you wouldn't assign to non-Jews due to kashrut concerns?

Supply and demand
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics