Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How many lady fingers in a box?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:07 pm
I’m making Chef Chaya’s crumb cake recipe which calls for 1/2 box of lady fingers. I got a bulk box, so I’m not sure approximately how many lady fingers that is. Anyone know?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m making Chef Chaya’s crumb cake recipe which calls for 1/2 box of lady fingers. I got a bulk box, so I’m not sure approximately how many lady fingers that is. Anyone know?

You mean the recipe that's 100 years old that CC posted like it's hers?

I do 6 or 7

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:10 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
You mean the recipe that's 100 years old that CC posted like it's hers?

I do 6 or 7

Seriously? This is what you think is important on erev pesach? You need to clean yourself of bad middos as well.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:12 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Seriously? This is what you think is important on erev pesach? You need to clean yourself of bad middos as well.

Well we're all done here, so I hv time to scroll and oonder the rules of social media & recipe posting.

Looks like you have enough time to criticize people online LOL

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:13 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
Well we're all done here, so I hv time to scroll and oonder the rules of social media & recipe posting.

I’m sure you meant to be helpful but your last line was totally unnecessary. No need to put someone down for no reason.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:19 pm
amother Lemon wrote:

I'm being you dan lkaf zechus that you're most likely very exhausted and you don't realize how rude you're being.

Fave

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:25 pm
I hate recipes that don’t have clear measurements….

mommyla

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:59 pm
A regular box is 4 ounces so if you have a scale you can just weigh out 2 ounces.

zaq

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:33 pm
See? Another example of shoddy recipe writing. The writer needs to specify actual measurements, as the size of "a box" changes over time and varies from brand to brand. What a true professional would write is "one four-ounce box" or just "four ounces."

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 7:12 pm
amother OP wrote:

A box says 5 lady fingers per serving, 4 servings for box. That makes 20 lady fingers per box.
I guess you need 10 lady fingers for your recipe, that lists half a box.

zaq wrote:
See? Another example of shoddy recipe writing. The writer needs to specify actual measurements, as the size of "a box" changes over time and varies from brand to brand. What a true professional would write is "one four-ounce box" or just "four ounces."

Agreed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics