Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Warm Down Jacket Size XL

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 12:29 pm
I realized that the lady who does cleaning for me at home does not have an appropriate jacket for this weather (it's 15 degrees).
Can anyone help me find something warm in size XL or XXL on Amazon prime with free returns for about $50?
I don't think I can buy her something expensive but I really want her to have something appropriate.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 12:41 pm
amother wrote:
I realized that the lady who does cleaning for me at home does not have an appropriate jacket for this weather (it's 15 degrees).
Can anyone help me find something warm in size XL or XXL on Amazon prime with free returns for about $50?
I don't think I can buy her something expensive but I really want her to have something appropriate.

You're a good soul.

Lands End, $55

https://www.landsend.com/produ.....::DJV

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 12:43 pm
I just offered my sons to take a Lands End jacket to the janitor at the school since he only wears a sweater. But DH told me he is probably not wearing the jacket intentionally . Ask her first if she wants one, she may have one and doesn't like wearing it.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 12:46 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I just offered my sons to take a Lands End jacket to the janitor at the school since he only wears a sweater. But DH told me he is probably not wearing the jacket intentionally . Ask her first if she wants one, she may have one and doesn't like wearing it.

She comes in telling me she's freezing. She wears 2 sweatshirts and a vest but none are warm. Her husband died 2 years ago and she has 3 kids at home. I realized that she counts on every penny I give her based on when once I gave her extra because I didn't have change and told her next week I'll give her less and next week she couldn't understand why I was giving her less. I realized she was counting on same amount I give her every week so I gave her more and now make sure she gets same every week. So I really think it's a money issue. With Prime it will come in time for Monday and I can return it if she doesn't like it or doesn't want it. I have a hard time communicating with her.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 12:48 pm
amother wrote:
She comws in telling me she's freezing. She wears 2 sweatshirts and a vest but none are warm. Her husband died 2 years ago and she has 3 kids at home. I realized that she counts on every penny I give her based on when once I gave her extra because I didn't have change and told her next week I'll give her less and next week she couldn't understand why I was giving her less. I realized she was counting on same amount I give her every week so I gave her more and now make sure she gets same every week. So I really think it's a money issue. With prime it will come in time for Monday and I can return it if she doesn't like it or doesn't want it. I have a hard time communicating with her.

That's very thoughtful of you and if she needs it will appreciate it immensely. May you have a zchus for not only doing a chesed but for making a kiddush Hashem.

kb

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 3:43 pm
Heads up, it'll probably come Tuesday with prime. Monday is a legal holiday.

But search Amazon, there looks like there are quite a few down coats in that price range.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 5:27 pm
Just wanted to update you guys. I asked her if she needed me to buy her a coat and double checked her size with her. I purchased this in blue XL and I paid for overnight shipping on Friday so it would arrive today (holiday schedule). Of course it came after she already left today, but she just came back with her kids to pick it up. It looks really pretty on her! I hope it keeps her warm.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

simba

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 5:50 pm
You are a doll.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics