Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
When going away who packs up for dh you or himself
1  2  3  Next

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:26 pm
I was recently talking to my sil as I packing up and I said okay so now me and the kids are packed just dh needs to pack himself now. She was shocked. Dh packs himself?!?!?! I asked equally shocked back u pack dh clothing for him?!?!?

How does packing up for going away work by you? Do you pack dh stuff for him or does he do it himself

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:28 pm
I oversee all the packing. Dh takes some of his stuff himself. We check in together to see who packed what and that we have everything. Same with the kids. But truthfully I do most of the packing for everyone.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:28 pm
He packs himself...sometimes he takes it out and I physically put it in the suitcase but I don't pick stuff out for him. I pack myself and either one of us packs the kids.
Eta...he has packed my stuff at times.

esther990

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:31 pm
Depends on who has time/etc

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:34 pm
He packs himself. I don't even know what he needs.

lfab

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:36 pm
I pack most of his stuff for him but always have him give me his actual clothes. So I pack his pj's, underwear, socks, toiletries, etc. He gives me whatever shirts, pants, suits, ties he wants to bring. And I always double check if there was something specific he wants packed. It's not like he's not capable of packing is just the routine that we've settled into. I'm doing everyone else anyway and his stuff is quick and easy so I just do it as well.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:37 pm
I usually do the physical action of packing for him, but he is responsible for making sure I know what he needs. So basically, HE has to say I need x pairs of underwear, y number of casual shirts, z number of nice shirts etc. It's up to HIM to remember what toiletries he needs even if I'm packing them. HIS responsibility to remember that he'll need a phone charger etc.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:39 pm
I pack.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:51 pm
He packs his basics bc he knows what he needs, plus all the electronics, devices, gadgets and chargers.
I pack stuff for him like like creams, toothpaste, toothbrush, the more general items that we all need.

tichellady

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:54 pm
I don’t think either way is weird, couples do what works for them

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:54 pm
Dh packs his stuff. I'd rather not get blamed for leaving something of his behind. Besides, he knows what he wants to take along.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:55 pm
I'll pack if he promises to leave... Lol! Just kidding! He packs! He's not an imbecile! He's a grown man!

agreer

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:58 pm
My mother always packed for my father until recently; I think he started now b/c he's retired and has more time.

I never pack for my DH. He knows what he needs more than I do. Sometimes he'll ask me to fold his shirts, so I do that...but that's about it.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:01 pm
Some of each. DH usually picks things himself, but since we are usually leaving separately and I have more time, I often end up physically packing for him, or adding things (nicer clothes and more underwear.)

pause

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:08 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Dh packs his stuff. I'd rather not get blamed for leaving something of his behind. Besides, he knows what he wants to take along.

This.
I used to pack for him. Then once I forgot to pack in his Shabbas pants when we went away for shabbas. Another time his pajamas. Another time it was his lens solution. He was always so totally fine with it, but I was mortified. I finally learnt my lesson, and now it's his job.

Miri7

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:09 pm
We each pack our own stuff.

gingleale

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:10 pm
I used to pack for DH since I was packing for my kids also. Now DH packs for himself, the kids all have to bring me their stuff and I will check it over and physically place it in the suitcase.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:15 pm
DH.
5 minutes before he leaves LOL

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:34 pm
I pack all his clothing and toiletries.
He packs his medicine, seforim & talis and tefillin.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:36 pm
He packs himself. I always envy how easy it is for men. My kids pack themselves and I look it over and help as necessary.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics