Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
When going away who packs up for dh you or himself
Previous  1  2  3

little neshamala

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 3:29 pm
amother wrote:
DH.
5 minutes before he leaves LOL

Yup, exactly, my DH too. Its amazing.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 3:38 pm
Who cares. So now those that pack for the hubs will feel upset and used and start new posts about their awful dh's... Why'd you start this thread?!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 4:38 pm
amother wrote:
Who cares. So now those that pack for the hubs will feel upset and used and start new posts about their awful dh's... Why'd you start this thread?!

I hope that the wives who pack for their husbands won't feel upset. Every family is different and does things what works for them. One person packs for her husband, another person doesn't pack for her husband but does his laundry and puts away and another person makes her husband breakfast lunch and dinner every day. And in other families the husband does the packing and he makes HER lunches to take to work every day.
I hope imamother posts doesn't make anyone feel bad about themselves and what they do for their family.

BasMelech120

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 4:41 pm
He does it himself.

bassarah

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 4:49 pm
I usually do the underwear, socks, shoes etc (basically the suitcase stuff) and DH does the shirts, suits, ties etc. (the suitbag stuff)
How’s that for a compromise..

rzab

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 5:06 pm
This reminded me of one of the first times we went away for shabbos after we got married. We were walking to the bus stop and my husband asked me of I packed something of his. I said no, why would I pack that. Didnt you? We then realized that no one packed for him. I still don't know why he assumed I was packing for him. Since then we each pack for ourselves. Sometimes I'll grab things like his contacts and toothbrush when I grab mine, but otherwise he's on his own.

tymama

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 8:48 pm
I always pack for myself, dh and the kids. I even pack for my dh when he goes on business trips. He forget half the things he needs and everything would be wrinkled

Snow White

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:13 pm
I make a packing list for dh. After he packs his stuff he checks my list to make sure he didn’t forget anything

srbmom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:21 pm
Quote:

Yup, exactly, my DH too. Its amazing

Mine too!!!

And my DH is so particular about his "stuff" and his closet, I wouldn't even know what to take and where anything was.

smileyfaces

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:21 pm
I lay everything out on the bed for the whole family and DH packs it. He’s an amazing packer/organizer but he just doesn’t know what everyone needs.
I pack his stuff but it’s his responsibility to go through what I chose him and make sure he likes it.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:29 pm
My mom does and my dad travels often

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:59 am
Why would I pack for an adult unless cc'v disabled?

My soon 11 year old mostly packs herself and has to to deal with forgotting. She just forgot to leave tights out so she borrowed some from someone.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 5:19 am
bassarah wrote:
I usually do the underwear, socks, shoes etc (basically the suitcase stuff) and DH does the shirts, suits, ties etc. (the suitbag stuff)
How’s that for a compromise..

Scratching Head

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 5:23 am
Ruchel wrote:
Scratching Head

I assume she's talking about a hanging garment bag. The kind you get with a new suit. Useful for minimizing wrinkles.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:15 am
We put everything in a suitcase/luggage.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:25 am
This is a tiny tangent, but the best thing I ever treated myself too aside from feather cover and pillows was packing cubes. Ebags has something called "ultra-light packing cubes" tho u can get cheaper ones on Amazon. It revolutionized packing forever for me. It's simply awesome. Everyone gets their own color so there's so mix-ups and it makes you feel so so OCD, what a good feeling! They have many sizes to pick from: think shirts, underwear etc.. If you don't already have it, buy it. You'll thank me. (or not)

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 1:32 pm
He packs and then I go over the list: did you remember socks? did you remember pjs? did you even think about packing a toothbrush? etc.... we always manage to forget something though....

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 1:37 pm
I pack for myself.
I supervise my kids' packing. (Did it for them when they were younger but they now can participate and hopefully soon fully take over).
I do not pack for my husband. He never asked me to. He's an adult. Not disabled. Why would he?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 1:55 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Scratching Head

Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AmeriLe.....psd=1

It keeps suits and dresses from wrinkling.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics