Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Anniversary Gift

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 8:26 pm
It's my parents 30th wedding anniversary next Wednesday and I am trying to figure out what My husband and I and my brother and his wife can give them....

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 8:36 pm
have a picture taken of yourself, hubby, siblings and grandkids with your parents. frame it next to one of their wedding pictures in a nice frame. oh, and take them to dinner if you can.

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 9:09 pm
Well, I am hoping that my bro and his wife can come in for Shabbos if she can take Thursday off. But it might not happe but I kno that's probably the best thing that we can do for them.
And I was thinking the Friday before Shabbos we could get portraits done. My parents got married in '77 so they dont have any wedding pics hanging up in the house, the styles were just waaaay too embarrasing. Bu in the front hall they have a pic of my bro at their wedding and a pic of us at our wedding so it would be nice to have a pic of them for their 30th and then a pic of all of us after those.
But I still feel we should get them something more just in case we can't come for Shabbos.
What's the "gift for a 30th anniversary? I know paper s the 1st and gold is 50th and silver is 25....

Any ideas really fast would definatelyy help!

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 5:28 pm
is there anything for 17 years? of does it start at 25?
LOL

Love My Babes

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 5:56 pm
what about something useful that they may not have. like a silver netilas yadaim cup.

technic

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 6:01 pm
I think 30 is pearl - google it!!! Very Happy

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 3:18 pm
I saw a really nice little kidush cup thing with a tray and 6 kiddush cups. It looked really nice and it was 35 dollars and I told my bro abt it but he said he thinks it's too cheap. I don't think it's too cheap bc my parents arent expecting anything anyway and my mother hates polishing silver so we don't need to get her real silver, she doesn't care.

Ant the picture idea was great ut it'll have to wait bc my brother can't come in for Shabbos...Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics