Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Do you wake up your kids for school?
Previous  1  2

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:42 pm
ontheotherside wrote:
12 hours is probably too much sleep and sometimes when you sleep too much you feel more tired. I also think that while you feel bad for Dd and ds it’s importmat to teach them responsibility and create stability. Going to school teaches them both those lessons. If at such a young age they think they can come to achool whenever they fancy they will take that attitude and carry it through in other areas of their lives. Start by waking them 15 minutes earlier than normal and prepping them with 5 more minutes then you must get up get dressed ect.....good luck!!!!

Although my kids never even approached this number, I'm pretty sure 10-12 hours is recommended for children that age.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 12:26 am
I let my 2yo wake them! She lets her sisters know at about 7 (or earlier, I'm still in bed) that she wants to come out. They wake up and take her out, she knocks on my door, or walks in if Dh has left for Shul. Eventually I get up and start preparing food, breakfast and lunches. Ds5 sometimes gets up early and goes to Shul with Tatti, or he's bothering his sisters if he's up. Ds3 is sleeping. I sometimes dress him before waking him. It's easier.
Hopefully the baby is still sleeping.
DDs walk to school, out the door by 8:00.
DSs either go with Tatti, depending on he minyan he davened in, or get a ride from a neighbor. They can arrive anytime after 7:45, but they start at 8:30. DH's bus to the Mir is at 8:45, so it works.
If everyone walks at a decent speed, they could all get to their destinations in five minutes.

Today I woke up late, but DD9 was dressed and DD7 was a
Most there. I only had to prod DS5.
DDs east had an omelet on their way out the door at 7:40. Apparently there is some fun going on among the girls who are early birds. (Likely jump rope in the hallways)

tf

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:14 am
12 hrs of sleep is by far too much and may be an indicator of something else going on in their body. Maybe too much sugar, caffeine? Maybe not enough exercise? Maybe depression? Or a combination of some of these? Maybe unstructured lifestyle?
Naturally, a child doesn't sleep that long. The body naturally does its own thing,

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 5:48 am
tf wrote:
12 hrs of sleep is by far too much and may be an indicator of something else going on in their body. Maybe too much sugar, caffeine? Maybe not enough exercise? Maybe depression? Or a combination of some of these? Maybe unstructured lifestyle?
Naturally, a child doesn't sleep that long. The body naturally does its own thing,

I totally don't agree. My DDs sleep 12 h naturally. For little kids that is so normal

simba

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 6:40 am
My children sleep 11-12 hours, and depending on what's time they go to sleep I do have to wake them up to be ready on time for the bus. I feel terrible each time, I believe their sleep is far more valuable then school. Oh well! The real world ;(

Miri7

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:09 am
tf wrote:

12 hours seems like a good amount of sleep according to the recommendation of pediatricians: https://www.aap.org/en-us/abou......aspx

Kids’ bodies need lots of rest, they are doing so much growing and learning.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers