Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What wacky, nutty, crazy thing happened to you recently?!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

InnerMe

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 12:52 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Well, I have a rooster living in my house!!! And he crows every morning. The other day I called from my bedroom "Yaakov, stop those noises, you are waking everyone up" thinking it was DS age 11 who tends to make annoying sounds but it was the rooster for crying out loud ! Or maybe I should say for "crowing" out loud .
My lovely DH had rachmanus that our chickens were too cold outside and he brought them in as house guests!
Yup, it's true , I have a rooster and three hens living IN my house.
What wacky, crazy thing is going on in your neck of the woods ?!

OMG this sounds so fun and lively!
I've always wanted a bunny. When I was a kid our cleaning lady left us her bunny for a couple of weeks to "bunnysit." I loved it! It was a greyish white and was oh so lovely and soft. It was one of those magical bunnies that you see in story books.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 1:30 pm
I think this takes the cake: One evening after DH came home from work looking exhausted, I mentioned that he's been working very hard, he can use a vacation. He casually said "I'm already on vacation, I was laid off today" without any prior notice! Surprised

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 1:40 pm
amother wrote:
I think this takes the cake: One evening after DH came home from work looking exhausted, I mentioned that he's been working very hard, he can use a vacation. He casually said "I'm already on vacation, I was laid off today" without any prior notice! Surprised

Oh no! I'm so sorry Sad

mfb

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:13 pm
amother wrote:

Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug
Oish, sending you loads of hugs!!!
Hope he finds a new and better job real quick

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:26 pm
This happened years ago, but it was so funny. I was in my car waiting at a stop sign for a father and daughter to cross the street. The father was walking his toddler daughter to school, and as she's walking, her tights are getting lower and lower and lower. Until she reaches the other side (very slowly I might add,) and they were around her ankles!! Tatty didn't notice at all, so I rolled down the window to alert him to the problem!

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:28 pm
Jewishfoodie. I don’t think you did anything wrong.
Some mothers are such idiots they let their child suffer for beauty or style/shtick.
I’ve seen it personally so many times.

And your comment wasn’t offensive at all. Just a bit yentish maybe.

Now back to these stories!

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 5:07 pm
This is not so wacky by itself but it's a series of things together over the last few days. Been walking either alone or my kids in the street and keep getting approached with questions/ comments that are totally out of the blue from strangers. It happens when I am running a few minutes late for something and it almost feels like I'm running late simply in order to cross paths with these people. And almost every time they just launch into the conversation without even saying hello. So I've had

Friday afternoon in a shopping centre lift- "oh oh oh ummm it's going to be ummm sundown soon, right? My mum's Jewish but she doesn't practice it".

"I was looking for beit chabad I heard they had dinner for tourists" on Shabbat evening from a woman dressed in jeans playing with her mobile phone.

A woman crossed the road towards us and said "ok so what's the deal with a woman who is divorced, does she still cover her hair?"

In a supermarket, twice (2 different ones) "oh you'll know this, does this supermarket have a lot of kosher food?". "which food in this supermarket is kosher?"

In a lift an elderly man launched into conversation with my boys, about tzitzit or something (I can't quite remember), his daughter was there caring for him and clearly embarrassed and telling him not to just talk to strange people.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 5:18 pm
MitzadSheini wrote:
This is not so wacky by itself but it's a series of things together over the last few days. Been walking either alone or my kids in the street and keep getting approached with questions/ comments that are totally out of the blue from strangers. It happens when I am running a few minutes late for something and it almost feels like I'm running late simply in order to cross paths with these people. And almost every time they just launch into the conversation without even saying hello. So I've had

Friday afternoon in a shopping centre lift- "oh oh oh ummm it's going to be ummm sundown soon, right? My mum's Jewish but she doesn't practice it".

"I was looking for beit chabad I heard they had dinner for tourists" on Shabbat evening from a woman dressed in jeans playing with her mobile phone.

A woman crossed the road towards us and said "ok so what's the deal with a woman who is divorced, does she still cover her hair?"

In a supermarket, twice (2 different ones) "oh you'll know this, does this supermarket have a lot of kosher food?". "which food in this supermarket is kosher?"

In a lift an elderly man launched into conversation with my boys, about tzitzit or something (I can't quite remember), his daughter was there caring for him and clearly embarrassed and telling him not to just talk to strange people.

Oh My! You must give off a certain super friendly vibe that strangers feel like they want to connect to you . It sure is strange to have so many such incidents , but I'd take it as a compliment.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 5:47 pm
My tantrumming two year old once pulled my wig clean off my head, while waiting for our Uber outside our house (in BP)...

Still trying to get over that one...

Big Mama

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 5:54 pm
amother wrote:
My tantrumming two year old once pulled my wig clean off my head, while waiting for our Uber outside our house (in BP)...

Where's the hug button?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 6:03 pm
So this is mortifying and I should probably go anonymous.

My boss and I had a confidential 3 minute meeting so the door was shut no locked or anything.

Then I turned to leave but the door got jammed! Took 80 breathless seconds until he forced it open.

My DH wanted to hang me!

mirror

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 6:37 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
embarrassed

I know... I feel horrible..

You did the right thing. That child could get frostbite.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 7:14 pm
flowerpower wrote:
My daughter insisted on wearing sunglasses at the bus stop today. 😎

Is that weird?

Us light eyed people wear sunglasses all year round, kids and adults alike. And snow reflects the sun so it's just as important to protect our eyes in the winter as in the summer.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:28 pm
I still can't tell my twins apart. They aren't identical and they are 8 years old. I feel like the mum in the movie Bad Moms who at the pta meeting said the same thing.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:45 pm
SuperWify wrote:
So this is mortifying and I should probably go anonymous.

My boss and I had a confidential 3 minute meeting so the door was shut no locked or anything.

Then I turned to leave but the door got jammed! Took 80 breathless seconds until he forced it open.

My DH wanted to hang me!

What's the big deal? What am I missing?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
I grew up and lived in BP for most of my life including my first marriage. When I remarried I moved to Williamsburg where my husband is from because his house and business are here. I'm very often on the buses between the 2 shopping and meeting family and friends. One afternoon I got onto the bus when I got to the back I saw my ex mother in law, no big deal I said hello (although she ignored me and averted her eyes) and sat down in a seat nearby but not in her direct line of vision (the seats were facing each other). Well next stop would you believe it, my mother in law got onto the bus and for a seat near me. I could not believe it, was so awkward (they know each other vaguely.) The whole ride felt surreal. This was the wackiest thing to ever happen to me...

Wow! wow!! wow!!! wow!!!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:04 pm
amother wrote:

46th between 12 and 13th ave. My snood. Yeah...happens more often than u know!

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
Jewishfoodie. I don’t think you did anything wrong.
Some mothers are such idiots they let their child suffer for beauty or style/shtick.
I’ve seen it personally so many times.

And your comment wasn’t offensive at all. Just a bit yentish maybe.

Now back to these stories!

I think it's not a right or wrong act.
It's a gamble. You might hurt an innocent mother, in the other hand you might help a poor child not freeze away.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 3:37 am
SuperWify wrote:
My DH wanted to hang me!

That's so hilarious! /sarcasm

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:24 am
(Daily) Kids refuse eating dinner, then complaining (2 hours later) I cant fall asleep, I'm so hungry. (I offered a fruit [which he took] or protein shake)
Brilliant kiddo Waited for mommy to go to sleep then Came out & made a Seuda for himself.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics