Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
My dream of becoming a famous actress. What’s yours?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks, I've considered it, but always thought it would be the kind of thing to have no readers.

I think if it's an enjoyable read and gives viewers something new, they'll come back...

Boca00

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:48 pm
I used to dream of being a shul Rebbetzin, giving classes, doing kiruv, making shidduchim and having tons of guests.

Maybe someday.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:52 pm
My dream: Making a positive difference in every persons life.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:53 pm
amother wrote:
Novelist.
I did become a writer but I only do non-fiction.
I still could write a novel but it would get me banned in the frum world. I'm not even looking to air any dirty laundry, just to write raw honest books about life.

That's what pseudonyms are for.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:58 pm
Actress
Author
Zookeeper (I don’t want to anymore. The other two I still do.)
Right now my dream is to be a clothing designer and have a chain of stores all over the US.
So far I am a clothing designer. I haven’t opened stores all over the US. Yet.

Last edited by mommy3b2c on Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

crust

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:11 am
I love the different responses here. So colorful.

As a child I always dreamed of being something like Sir Moses Montifiero or Rabbi Yoselman from Rosheim. (Josel von Rosheim).

I'd still love to be able to help people that are in a dark place on a larger scale.

crust

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:12 am
Surrendered wrote:
My dream: Making a positive difference in every persons life.

Beautiful.

exhausted

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:16 am
To be thin. And stay thin and feel good about myself.

saralem

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:41 am
To be famous in my profession.

jewwoman

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 2:38 am
Ive always wanted to he a doctor too bad I didnt do too well in school and now its too late to study...

top mom

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 3:39 am
amother wrote:
Thanks, I've considered it, but always thought it would be the kind of thing to have no readers.

I would definitely be a loyal reader
Let us know ☺

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 4:20 am
I've always dreamed about becoming an actress! And actually it's funny because a few years ago, I learnt something about my favorite actress (about her career but I don't even remember what) and I was surprised to feel "jealous"! We have the same age and for me when I was a teen we were really the same! Lol

But now my dream would be to write a book or to work as an illustrator.

DVOM

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:00 am
Childhood dreams:

marine biologist, figure skater (not sure where this one came from, because I could just-just stay on my feet in skates, but I always wanted to do this!)

Adult dreams:

I'd really like to write something printable someday. I actually have a chunk of a book written, and someday I'd love to finish it and have it published. Trouble is, I want to write about what I know: relationships in the frum world. I get the sense from reading (on a very rare occasion!) Jewish fiction that writing about multifaceted people, who are good and bad and struggling and real, is a no-no. So I doubt I'd ever get published.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:14 am
TV news anchor

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:27 am
amother wrote:
I've always dreamed about becoming an actress! And actually it's funny because a few years ago, I learnt something about my favorite actress (about her career but I don't even remember what) and I was surprised to feel "jealous"! We have the same age and for me when I was a teen we were really the same! Lol

But now my dream would be to write a book or to work as an illustrator.

Op here
Totally the same. I’m now obsessed with Maia Mitchell. She’s a few years younger than me but acoomplished a lot in her career. I love how she balances her private life with her public one. I wish I could be her. But now I have four kids and I’m yeshivish so ya, that won’t work.

relish

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:32 am
My dream is to open an organization to support women who were abused, and their families, so they can heal.
-babysitting/mother's helpers
-cleaning help
-pampering
-meals
-case management
-Referals
-transportation to therapy and other alternative get well services
-classes for self care (yoga, art, self development)
Basically, an all needs covered customized staycation, with the best therapy our world has to offer.

----/-----
But first I'm opening a low/no cost clinic providing Craniosacral therapy through insurance, and/or other means of funding. When it has enough money coming in, to allow me to hire others to manage it, then I will begin to work on phase two above.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:38 am
relish wrote:
My dream is to open an organization to support women who were abused, and their families, so they can heal.
-babysitting/mother's helpers
-cleaning help
-pampering
-meals
-case management
-Referals
-transportation to therapy and other alternative get well services
-classes for self care (yoga, art, self development)
Basically, an all needs covered customized staycation, with the best therapy our world has to offer.

----/-----
But first I'm opening a low/no cost clinic providing Craniosacral therapy through insurance, and/or other means of funding. When it has enough money coming in, to allow me to hire others to manage it, then I will begin to work on phase two above.

And when you start working on phase 2, let me know and I will join you.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:51 am
To be a singer. I'm good and have great stage presence. To me that's my daily korbon which I sacrifice happily in exchange for good children- please gd!?
( no interest in jewish performing...not my style)

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:38 am
DVOM wrote:
Childhood dreams:

marine biologist, figure skater (not sure where this one came from, because I could just-just stay on my feet in skates, but I always wanted to do this!)

Adult dreams:

I'd really like to write something printable someday. I actually have a chunk of a book written, and someday I'd love to finish it and have it published. Trouble is, I want to write about what I know: relationships in the frum world. I get the sense from reading (on a very rare occasion!) Jewish fiction that writing about multifaceted people, who are good and bad and struggling and real, is a no-no. So I doubt I'd ever get published.

Try submitting! I think you write well based on your posting style Smile

My dream is to start a frum magazine geared toward creative writing specifically, as opposed to news or lifestyle. Lots of first-person narratives, poetry, and maybe fiction. And YES it would include pics of women. Maybe also an emphasis on photography. I guess my dream is to give writers a venue for sharing their talent.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:40 am
I wanted to be either a dog breeder (either Salukis, Basenjis, or Great Danes) or run a bear sanctuary.

Yeah. Really.

As for acting, I just want to point out to those who have that dream that most actresses are NOT happy. There is a reason there are so many drug overdoses in that world. And child stars, like the Olsen twins? You won't find them acting now! They HATED being in that world.

It sounds glamorous and fun, but almost everyone I've heard on the inside says its a terribly dirty, unhappy world.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics